Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Poll: Would you buy a special Edition of this?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Would you buy a special Edition of this?

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
If Shameless wanted to release a Sergio Garrone movie then it should be DJANGO THE BASTARD. Because A) It's actually good (you'd find hard to believe it's from the same man who directed those nazisploitation films) and B) With the Tarantino film coming up people are going to want to see the originals and I'm willing to bet that it'd do more business in that short time than SS EXPERIMENT would over a few years.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEYS!!!!!

Shameless, you know it make's sense!
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If Shameless wanted to release a Sergio Garrone movie then it should be DJANGO THE BASTARD. Because A) It's actually good (you'd find hard to believe it's from the same man who directed those nazisploitation films) and B) With the Tarantino film coming up people are going to want to see the originals and I'm willing to bet that it'd do more business in that short time than SS EXPERIMENT would over a few years.
And I'd be willing to take that bet Pete.
A former 39 against a spaghetti western.....

Here's the thing-you like Spaghetti western films...I like Nazisploitation films,and not just because it has good artwork.They're stupid to the point of being unintentionally hilariously bad.

Also,you mention that numbers which voted against,which btw are far outweighed by those up for it.....

And lastly,Shameless and bad films....Manhattan Baby?
vipco likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
And I'd be willing to take that bet Pete.
A former 39 against a spaghetti western.....

Here's the thing-you like Spaghetti western films...I like Nazisploitation films,and not just because it has good artwork.They're stupid to the point of being unintentionally hilariously bad.

Also,you mention that numbers which voted against,which btw are far outweighed by those up for it.....

And lastly, Shameless and bad films....Manhattan Baby?
Just because a film was a video nasty it doesn't necessarily mean it will sell by the bucket load - if that was the case then NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS, KILLER NUN surely would have sold better than FLAVIA THE HERETIC, which, as we know, wasn't a nasty but became their best seller. I doubt the old DVD did good business.

I don't want DJANGO THE BASTARD just because it's a Spaghetti Western I suggested that it Shameless were to release a Sergio Garrone film it should be DTB because it would make sense with the Tarantino film coming up. I already have the film and I'm not going to buy another DVD of it. But I know many people would. We are seeing re-releases of other DJANGO movies because company's know they'll do alright with the public who will be curious to see the originals.

Quote:
And lastly, Shameless and bad films....Manhattan Baby?
I didn't say Shameless have never released a bad film because they have. Sure MANHATTAN BABY isn't very good but it's still a million times better than SS EXPERIMENT CAMP. There is nothing in SS Experiment that makes it worth a second viewing. It's a sorry excuse of a film and the fact it's had multiple releases around the world while better films languish in obscurity is extremely sad. I feel the exact same about RATMAN, both a complete waste of celluloid.

Sorry Reaps, but we're never going to agree on this one.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 24th November 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyway, we both know that Shameless aren't going to release either DJANGO THE BASTARD or SS EXPERIMENT CAMP because they never seem to listen to anything anyone says on here. The AMSTERDAMNED artwork fiasco proved that.
robertzombie likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 24th November 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 24th November 2012, 09:16 AM
Active Cultist

Shameless have been piss poor this year in terms of releases, its a good job i have a region free dvd player cos im having to get stuff from america now.
Old 24th November 2012, 03:18 PM
Cultist

Really didnt think Manhattan Baby was bad at all but yeahh gotta say Ratman was seriously hard work...im hoping Shameless might pull something out the bag round christmas/new year though, I think I'll cry if they come out with another box set though..
Old 24th November 2012, 03:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
Really didnt think Manhattan Baby was bad at all but yeahh gotta say Ratman was seriously hard work...im hoping Shameless might pull something out the bag round christmas/new year though, I think I'll cry if they come out with another box set though..
I gotta agree with Pete. If there not releasing Django: the Bastard, there deffo gonna release a Spag Western at some point in the next 12 months, maybe another unofficial Django sequel, there's plenty to choose from.
Old 25th November 2012, 11:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Sorry Reaps, but we're never going to agree on this one.
Then we'll just need to agree to disagree.
vipco likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th November 2012, 08:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Shameless release this NOW!
Old 26th November 2012, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Also a release of Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS wouldn't be bad!!! Compared to other Nazi-ploitation titles, i'm FAIRLY certain it would have a decent chance of passing the BBFC uncut

Like this? Share it using the links below!