Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Poll: Would you buy a special Edition of this?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Would you buy a special Edition of this?

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2013, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I've posted this elsewhere, but am I the only one to feel the condemnation of these nazispolitation films is a little strange given the critical adoration of SALO. I always saw Salo as a classier variation on these movies that try to deal with mans inhumanity to man.
I guess one major differentiator of Salo is the absence of direct symbolism from that period....also it's the work of an acclaimed director (with left/liberal/libertarian politics) and widely accepted as a vicious criticism of fascism as opposed to an exploitation and/or fetishisation of it.
Old 8th December 2013, 10:43 AM
Cult Rookie

Shameless could spend their own time a bit more wisely, because not only has the film been available here on DVD already, if in a pretty shoddy print, mind, but it isn't that good a film. It's fun, but there's better movies from that genre that haven't been resubmitted yet. Love Camp 7 would have no problems getting passed, now (it is tamer than SS Experiment Camp): but isn't Italian, and it's awful. The Beast in Heat has no chance, but I find that a hilarious film. The Gestapo's Last Orgy would face a few cuts to the coprophagy photographs shown to the soldiers early on, but otherwise it would have no problems; it's one of those films like Island of Death whose content sounds worse on paper than it is. I'd be interested in seeing how Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS would get on. Pretty badly, I imagine, but I really like that one.

Salo is a masterpiece, btw. It was my first-viewed Pasolini film.

Last edited by Robbmeister X; 8th December 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 8th December 2013, 06:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbmeister X View Post
Shameless could spend their own time a bit more wisely, because not only has the film been available here on DVD already, if in a pretty shoddy print, mind, but it isn't that good a film. It's fun, but there's better movies from that genre that haven't been resubmitted yet. Love Camp 7 would have no problems getting passed, now (it is tamer than SS Experiment Camp) but isn't Italian, and it's awful. The Beast in Heat has no chance, but I find that a hilarious film. The Gestapo's Last Orgy would face a few cuts to the coprophagy photographs shown to the soldiers early on, but otherwise it would have no problems; it's one of those films like Island of Death whose content sounds worse on paper than it is. I'd be interested in seeing how Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS would get on. Pretty badly, I imagine, but I really like that one.

Salo is a masterpiece, btw. It was my first-viewed Pasolini film.
I don't know about Lovecamp 7 (havent seen it), But I don't imagine Ilsa having any issues these days regarding any standout problematic scenes.
The tone itself MAY cause an issue but seeing as the UK only has SS Experiment Camp to judge as an uncut feature in this genre, we won't really know until we experiment (no pun intended) by sending another one up for classification that has a level of content matching Ilsa or any of the others.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 8th December 2013, 06:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

But with regards to the topic of the thread, I must say...

PLEASE RELEASE SS: EXPERIMENT CAMP SMAMELESS!

... And try submitting either Ilsa, Beast in Heat and Gestapo's last orgy to see if we can get them uncut... Then release them!
Old 8th December 2013, 06:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Out of that bunch, SS Hell Camp (aka The Beast in Heat - which I have, because I got it years ago on import) is technically one of the nastiest, but it's so campily OTT the censors might pass if if they had any sense of humour. However, I doubt it. I reckon Ilsa would pass (albeit maybe trimmed), but I still think it could have problems for the same reasons as Jess Franco's woman-in-prison films. Gestapo's Last Orgy would pass mildly cut, but it's suprisingly quite tame. Shameless are releasing a fair amount of sexploitation flicks these days, and in my opinion a suitable release might be the softcore Frauleins in Uniform, not at all nasty in any way and hell would freeze over before it was censored, but I saw that years ago and found it a lot of campy fun.
Gothmogxx and ArgentoFan1987 like this.

Last edited by Robbmeister X; 8th December 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I just got the feeling of Deja Vu.....

SS EXPERIMENT CAMP PLEASE SHAMELESS AND SHUT THEE DETRACTORS UP ONCE AND FOR ALL!
^^ What he said!
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SSO WHEN'SS THISS OUT KYLE?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th June 2014, 01:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post

... And try submitting either Ilsa, Beast in Heat and Gestapo's last orgy to see if we can get them uncut... Then release them!
What I said
Old 12th June 2014, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post

The two later Ilsa films(Tigress and Harem Keeper) have already cleared the BBFC in 2013, no doubt a box set will follow soon (whether the films were submitted pre-cut I couldn't tell you) but pretty sure Beast, Gestapo and SS Experiment would all get a snip or two even today, scenes depicting women being raped to death while being mutilated and Jewish fetuses being eaten in a pot-roast are almost certain to get the chop, let alone Jewish concentration camp victims twitching in ovens after being put in alive, but Ilsa She Wolf should come thru unscathed today.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th June 2014, 07:42 PM
Cultist

Njutafilms in Sweden released a Nazisploitation boxset which features:

Gestapo's Last Orgy, Beast In Heat, SS Experiment Love Camp and SS Lager 5: Women's Hell. All uncut I believe. Unfortunately they're very mediocre films (at best). I could've lived without them but the box was cheap.

Like this? Share it using the links below!