Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Poll: Would you buy a special Edition of this?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Would you buy a special Edition of this?

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 09:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
So now we've had alternate views,who'd like to see SS Experiment Camp on the Shameless label?
Is there an echo in here?
Old 30th November 2012, 10:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is there an echo in here?
I'd post a picture of the chocolate bar, but then I took comedy to the knee.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

In response to the question about how these films would fare with the BBFC.

Yes the scenes of sexual violence would be the BBFC’s only concern here. Red Night’s of the Gestapo, with it’s gun point rape, will be cut again. Although it certainly wouldn’t be cut anything like last time where they removed 12m. Can’t see Gestapo’s Last Orgy getting through uncut with its rape orgy scene intact. I would expect the BBFC to be merciless with Beast in Heat with it’s protracted rape and humiliation scenes. Deported Women of the SS Special Section, previously rejected, shouldn’t have any serious problems today. SS Girls should be ok. Love Camp 7 will still have serious problems today. The BBFC’s view of the film was that it “voyeuristically exploited sexual attacks on women”. So there you are.
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 1st December 2012, 05:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks for the replies guys, I was expecting answers like that (Damn BBFC!!!). It would certainly be interesting to submit one of them and see what happens...

By the way, what about Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS? I personally think that it at least stands a decent chance of getting by unscathed, especially compared to some of the previously mentioned films.
Old 1st December 2012, 08:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes I agree it does stand a decent chance, especially as it's really showing its age now. There is no standout problematic scene in the film, unlike some of the other films mentioned and though there is a lot of sadistic violence that in itself wouldn't really concern the BBFC. Again the problem here is the sexualised nudity mixed with the violence, this is what may concern the BBFC. But even here I really can't see any grounds for serious intervention. Especially considering what they passed in The Sinful Dwarf recently. They have to be convinced that the film poses a potential and credible harm risk before they can act. No I think it will pass with minimal cuts today. Nothing more.
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 1st December 2012, 08:20 PM
Cult Addict

We may have an inexplicable Venus in Furs scenerio with Ilsa.
Old 1st December 2012, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I could be way wrong here but I'd say Shameless would not want to be associated with this title... Wasn't Something Weird gonna put out Love Camp 7 back in the day but parent label Image vetoed it ? Whatever about the skin quota in the films, I'm sure people would still find them totally offensive. Then again the label is called Shameless...
Old 1st December 2012, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I could be way wrong here but I'd say Shameless would not want to be associated with this title... Wasn't Something Weird gonna put out Love Camp 7 back in the day but parent label Image vetoed it ? Whatever about the skin quota in the films, I'm sure people would still find them totally offensive. Then again the label is called Shameless...
Yeah, something to do with Image not allowing certain films which they felt were too explicit. Instead SW released it as a DVDR and in Australia via Siren Video (which was the version I had). Redemption submitted it to the BBFC back in 2002 but it was rejected.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st December 2012, 11:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's quite easily available on DVD but Your Vice is a Locked Room... is not
Pete likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 10:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

We got this on the radar yet Shameless?
Gothmogxx likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!