Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2011, 09:20 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default A Compilation of Scary Training Videos

A friend posted this gore-tastic health and safety video on Facebook and now I think Shameless should make a compilation DVD of this and others like it! Never mind showing you the correct way to lift a box, this is what health and safety training should consist of! OK so it's a bit of a fantasy/joke release but the gore puts it into Shameless territory at least! Wonder what the BBFC would say...

Old 14th January 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That's the most surreal thing I've ever seen. Who writes this stuff. It's brilliant!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 14th January 2011, 09:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I saw a video at my last work, to do with factory safety. It was Australian I think, and people were getting their hands and even heads if I recall, cut off, and crushed by forklift trucks! It was the funniest and most bizzare thing we had ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14th January 2011, 09:40 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Cool.

Check this out if you get the chance, well worth picking up, this is stuff nightmares are made of!

Established in 1946, the Central Office of Information (COI) has amassed hours of film devoted to the ever changing concerns of our society, and the world in general. The COI COLLECTION series compiles these films in thematic volumes, recording a fascinating snapshot of British life. This volume explores the government department’s Health, safety and welfare films; with highlights including THIRTY MILES AN HOUR (1946), LONELY WATER (1973), APACHES (1977), and DRIVE CAREFULLY, DARLING (1975).

Check this one out thats on it, no prizes for guessing who narrates it.

Old 15th January 2011, 09:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I saw a video at my last work, to do with factory safety. It was Australian I think, and people were getting their hands and even heads if I recall, cut off, and crushed by forklift trucks! It was the funniest and most bizzare thing we had ever seen.

Here's the German original (subbed)...not for the squeamish!

Old 15th January 2011, 10:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Cool.

Check this out if you get the chance, well worth picking up, this is stuff nightmares are made of!

Established in 1946, the Central Office of Information (COI) has amassed hours of film devoted to the ever changing concerns of our society, and the world in general. The COI COLLECTION series compiles these films in thematic volumes, recording a fascinating snapshot of British life. This volume explores the government department’s Health, safety and welfare films; with highlights including THIRTY MILES AN HOUR (1946), LONELY WATER (1973), APACHES (1977), and DRIVE CAREFULLY, DARLING (1975).

That looks interesting. I've been watching some COI stuff at TV-Ark and Lonely Water was one of them. Have to pick this up at some point.
Old 16th January 2011, 08:28 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Here's the German original (subbed)...not for the squeamish!

That's the one! Thanks bdc.

Old 16th January 2011, 04:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Cool.

I take it you already have the Charley Says and Charley Says 2? I might pick that up - I already have one or two releases coming through from the BFI and their COI collection - about the Post Office, one about law and order and another - from Network - about World War II.
Old 18th January 2011, 09:02 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looking at those videos, it is hard to believe that anyone to take them at all seriously as they look like spoof safety videos. The German one is amusing rather than shocking and, if shown now, would be the sort of thing to bring laughter, rather than horror and moments of reflection, from a group of newly trained forklift truck operators!
Old 22nd January 2011, 06:20 PM
Cultist

That was funny as hell

I think humour is a good tool in training videos - it keeps the viewer/trainee attention rather than drifting off into a bored daydream and missing the points,and as far as fork lifts are concerned a trainer is running the course.

I remember one of the training videos I had for fork lifts some 20 years ago (made in the 60's or 70's about Colin the forklift driver ) - not as sophistcated as that one but basically the same showing the do's and don'ts - can't remember a damn thing in the other "clinical" ones though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!