Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Sister of Ursula (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/5079-sister-ursula.html)

CC-UK 24th March 2011 11:24 AM

The Sister of Ursula

1 Attachment(s)
Shameless ever considered this total classic. ?

Jonny 24th March 2011 11:58 AM

It's a film that has a limited appeal (I think it's great but to be honest it's a pretty shoddy film) and has already had a very good release from Severin in the US, which has more than likely already been bought by the hardcore giallo fans out there.

Would it be worth putting out over here for the few UK collectors that haven't got the US one?

the blob 24th March 2011 12:10 PM

Not bought the Severin one myself yet. One of those I keep meaning to then I spot something else and forget about it.

CC-UK 24th March 2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 138045)
It's a film that has a limited appeal (I think it's great but to be honest it's a pretty shoddy film) and has already had a very good release from Severin in the US, which has more than likely already been bought by the hardcore giallo fans out there.

Would it be worth putting out over here for the few UK collectors that haven't got the US one?

Possibly your right .. but isn't it nearly always the case that a region 1 alternative is available.
I think a region 0, fully restored complete print of most things would sell
worldwide, I don't see Shameless releases as just for UK fans.

What I would really like is a list of gialli that Shameless will definately not be releasing, and then I won't duplicate buying from other companies. :popcorn:
I seem to have an uncanny knack of buying a film on import, just prior to Shameless anonouncing they are planning to release it :doh:

Jonny 24th March 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC-UK (Post 138065)
Possibly your right .. but isn't it nearly always the case that a region 1 alternative is available.

As far as I'm aware RATMAN, THE FRIGHTENED WOMAN, THE DESIGNATED VICTIM, FOOTPRINTS, BABA YAGA, OASIS OF FEAR, ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX, THE BEAST IN SPACE & SATAN'S BABY DOLL have no alternative R1 version*.

So there's a few in their catalogue that do have US counterparts but I'd not say it's 'nearly always the case'.

*THE BEAST IN SPACE & SATAN'S BABY DOLL are available from Severin in a different edit

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 138080)
As far as I'm aware RATMAN, THE FRIGHTENED WOMAN, THE DESIGNATED VICTIM, FOOTPRINTS, BABA YAGA, OASIS OF FEAR, ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX, THE BEAST IN SPACE & SATAN'S BABY DOLL have no alternative R1 version*.

So there's a few in their catalogue that do have US counterparts but I'd not say it's 'nearly always the case'.

*THE BEAST IN SPACE & SATAN'S BABY DOLL are available from Severin in a different edit

As is Baba Yaga - Blue Underground

the blob 25th March 2011 06:25 PM

No R1 release of WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? either.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th March 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 138436)
No R1 release of WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? either.

Redemption did give it a release in 2000

Shameless gave it a much better release though.

CC-UK 26th March 2011 02:28 PM

I'd still buy this and Solage like a shot if released by Shameless.
I'm addicted to the yellowness.:rockon:

g053584398 1st May 2011 03:32 PM

I haven't got the Severin release so I would certainly pick up a UK release of this one.