Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2007, 01:11 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Default Snuff

Does anyone know whatever happened to this?

The BBFC passed the film fully uncut in 2003 (via Blue Underground) but it has yet to receive a UK release.
Old 30th October 2007, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Probably for the best to be honest mate. I have the BU DVD, which is bare-bones in everyway (no menu! haha).

I don't think there is a big enough market for this film here, most cult fans are familar with it, hence why they probably wouldn't folk out for it! I only picked up my BU DVD as I'm a consumer whore and need everything BU put out! lol... The film is TERRIBLE! I still haven't watch it all the way through, I skipped to the end, lol.

Maybe Anchor Bay UK had plans to release it? Can't see anyother company wanting to put it out there in all honesty,
Old 21st April 2008, 11:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Pile of shite this....would rebuy it though if it was released with the Astra vhs artwork....
Old 25th April 2008, 08:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I bought the Brown Paper Bag release.

Could say it's the best way of releasing it, but really it's a film that really could have done with a documentary examining the whole hype machine and the story behind the film, or rather the films final few minutes.

I've watched it all the way through, it's quite quite poor, but entertaining in a really trashy way, they really could have done the ending more realistically though, I mean they have a camera cut which would have placed a camera man within the preceding shot.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The story surrounding the film with the promotional campaign by Allan Shackleton would have been a brilliant dvd extra, especially if done as a documentary.

Its the same with Dead End Street, the story concerning the film is much more interesting than the film.
Old 18th April 2011, 05:33 PM
Cultist

i'd still love to see it
Old 26th April 2011, 03:30 PM
Cult Addict

I heard a rumour from someone in the know that certain senior members of society had a hand in this not coming out in the UK after it was passed uncut a few years ago, but my memory is hazy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!