Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2011, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

as my post above 23rd century have the rights, looked em up, they only release pd stuff and cheap price copyright films, but they are vhs transfers, ATFONY is ok imho, but they only hold rights for 2 years so maybe Shameless can grab it then, you can order it from them, got the address somewhere.
Old 10th May 2011, 01:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

23rd Century are very, very dodgy, I don't think anything they released was licensed - their better looking releases were all ripped from various american and european releases.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th May 2011, 01:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

never said they were high class outfit,del boy and rodney might run it but surely nobody would have a showroom/buisness address if they expected plod to come for a chat, they sell thru pound shop too, other forums refer to them as crappy, but might explain why Shameless can't get the rights.
Old 10th May 2011, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I imagine Shameless could get the rights but aren't going to bother with it because it's been bootlegged. A lot of Vipco titles were bootlegs and their stuff was everywhere (they even had tv ad's on Bravo!). I heard 23rd Century stopped trading a while ago because Trading Standards got on to them.
Old 10th May 2011, 02:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

wasn't aware of that, bows head in shame,props to 'pete' for the heads up, yet another fly by night company messing it up for us film fans,and more thanks for the scoop on vipco, knew they had problems, in the 80's they were about the only horror label left after the VRA, REDEMPTION came later, Jay Slater wasn't chuffed when vipco didn't use any of his extra stuff on their Fulci discs either, guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue...heh heh.
Old 10th May 2011, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
wasn't aware of that, bows head in shame,props to 'pete' for the heads up, yet another fly by night company messing it up for us film fans,and more thanks for the scoop on vipco, knew they had problems, in the 80's they were about the only horror label left after the VRA, REDEMPTION came later, Jay Slater wasn't chuffed when vipco didn't use any of his extra stuff on their Fulci discs either, guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue...heh heh.
Yeah it's a real shame but thankfully we now have companies like Arrow, Shameless, Nucleus, Odeon etc who are finally giving us UK fans what we want. I have a soft spot for Vipco though (I collected almost all their 90's Vhs and every DVD release (not the screamtime ones though!)) but they were so cheap using the same old vhs prints time and again, not using extras etc.

Last edited by Pete; 10th May 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10th May 2011, 03:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
. I have a soft spot for Vipco though (I collected all their original Vhs and DVD releases)
You managed to get all the vipco vids? Even uber rare stuff like Juicy Cuts 1, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann and Uncle Scam? Got any pics, as you are the first person I've ever heard in over 25 years to have/had all the Vipco tapes. I'm jealous!
Old 10th May 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
You managed to get all the vipco vids? Even uber rare stuff like Juicy Cuts 1, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann and Uncle Scam? Got any pics, as you are the first person I've ever heard in over 25 years to have/had all the Vipco tapes. I'm jealous!
Sorry, I meant the 90's 'Cult Classics' (I need about 4-5 to complete the set). I was going to collect the pre-certs but it would have proved to costly.

I do have all the 'Vaults of Horror' dvd releases.
Old 10th May 2011, 04:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

yeah, remember reading 'horror label VIPCO shuts it's doors for the final time' even with their faults I felt like a part of my past closed as well, but really no comparison with the likes of Shameless, Arrow or even Anchor bay, seeing Shameless disc of Torso compared to VIPCO'S vhs was a revelation, even given drop in quality on tape vs disc it was whole different film, can't imagine buying disc at full price of VIPCO quality today, some were £19.99 till the end, so r.i.p. and long live Shameless and quality labels.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
yeah, remember reading 'horror label VIPCO shuts it's doors for the final time' even with their faults I felt like a part of my past closed as well, but really no comparison with the likes of Shameless, Arrow or even Anchor bay, seeing Shameless disc of Torso compared to VIPCO'S vhs was a revelation, even given drop in quality on tape vs disc it was whole different film, can't imagine buying disc at full price of VIPCO quality today, some were £19.99 till the end, so r.i.p. and long live Shameless and quality labels.
There was a time (long, long ago) when Vipco were one of the best companies around for genre releases and they had some quality films as well.

Like this? Share it using the links below!