Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2011, 07:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's rumoured that quite a few of the Vipco titles weren't even owned by them, they were little more than glorified bootlegs. I know that they definitely don't own Zombie Flesh Eaters anymore, so that one may be around and up for grabs.

Isn't Duckling coming from Shameless..?

If so then theres more than a few releases from vipco that need sorting out. Uncut mutilator anyone? house of clocks/lost souls double bill, ghost house (admittedly the vipco edition looks pretty good) Stagefright..... its an endless list. I WOULD like to see the origional vipco art sleeves brought back however. One of the reasons i'd like to see vipco bought out by someone with ambition. The vhs sleeve for zombie flesh eaters with the hand coming out the earth is fantastic, plus zombie flesh-eaters is a much better title than Zombie 2 (how its released sateside) Also vipco have the uncut burial ground nights of terror from andreas bianchi released under the title zombie dead(i think) all I know is its not a patch on the shriek show disc, incidentally which is coming to blu-ray this year. (i'm buying it definately!)

As for sodomas ghost, well it is dreadful, very poor indeed but I found it quite a lot of fun. Not as much fun as Touch of death but a great laugh nontheless. And cat in the brain... well it'll be a tough call topping the supurb grindhouse disc but i'm sure someone could give it a try!

The blu-underground/anchor bay duckling disc looks and sounds amazing but is an extras free disc. So theirs definately a good print of that about.... if someone can do what optimum did with lizard in a womans skin and totally trounce the other releases i'll be happy!
Old 13th May 2011, 07:54 AM
Cult Addict

incidentally, since severin are releasing discs in the uk now, how about perversion story and the psychic please... I have the us discs, perversion story comes with the soundtrack, but more of fulcis early work needs to hit uk shelves to show people that there was more range to his vision than his horror period as good as it was.
Rhodes and Demoncrat like this.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The blu-underground/anchor bay duckling disc looks and sounds amazing but is an extras free disc. So theirs definately a good print of that about.... if someone can do what optimum did with lizard in a womans skin and totally trounce the other releases i'll be happy!
Shameless are releasing this as a fan edition at the end of August. There's a whole thread dedicated to it.
Old 13th May 2011, 04:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Shameless are releasing this as a fan edition at the end of August. There's a whole thread dedicated to it.
excellent.

hmmm... i'm yet to hear any request for conquest...

shame I sort of like it!

Oh and four of the apocalypse as well!
Old 13th May 2011, 04:46 PM
Cult Addict

apologies... noticed the post about conquest... (silly me and my speed reading...)
Old 14th May 2011, 02:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
apologies... noticed the post about conquest... (silly me and my speed reading...)
'Slow down....take it easy....with Cadbury's caramel....'

Old 14th May 2011, 09:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Perversion Story
Don't Torture a Duckling (already coming)
The Psychic (preferably with a subbed Italian track included,the English dub is hard to understand at times).

And maybe Liz & Helen...

Conquest is a good later one though.
Was that ever on an official UK dvd?
I now 23rd Century released it (cut from tape master) but that was probably a boot.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I would like a release of The Devils Honey.

As far as i am aware, the only release is a barely watchable version in Hong Kong.

I have never seen it, so can't comment on its quality as a film, but i am always moaning about companies just re-releasing everything, so this would be a breath of fresh air to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCA616LRC.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 views)
Pete likes this.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I would like a release of The Devils Honey.

As far as i am aware, the only release is a barely watchable version in Hong Kong.

I have never seen it, so can't comment on its quality as a film, but i am always moaning about companies just re-releasing everything, so this would be a breath of fresh air to me.
Agreed! It's the only Fulci film from the 80's that I haven't seen.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:27 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yep,good idea.

There's also an Italian dvd (not English friendly) that seems to look decent.

Like this? Share it using the links below!