Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Active Cultist

Default more FULCI!

any plans at shameless to release more fulci films? there are certainly enough to chose from. i'm one of the few who love his later works, even utter bollocks like ghosts of sodom or demonia, i never saw a fulci film i didn't enjoy.
some nice boxset with whatever cheap films of his can be scraped together would be awesome! call it fulci box of terror 2 and let 'er rip!
stefanmetal likes this.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

great, even his worst stuff is still better than boring u.s. horror/ slashers, his films always have that italian verve and energy, would have loved to have seen him ranting and raving on set, then turning out a film like 'the beyond' couple months later, there must be loadsa his early stuff available.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

what even (gulp) Touch Of Death??? if you think that Manhattan Baby is quite restrained, this is the film for you, just plain nuts, id give more info but my copy has been nestling in glasgow for a longer period of time that i care to mention!!
Old 12th May 2011, 11:12 AM
Cult Addict

Is Conquest OOP in R2? Although a lot of people dismiss it, I adore it. Fulci throws in everything bar the kitchen sink and those jelly baby zombies are just so cool!
Old 12th May 2011, 02:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

i'd buy a box set of other lucio films
Old 12th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Active Cultist

hehe, yup, even touch of death. i saw door to silence for the first time the other day. goreless, cheap and drawn out but i loved it. it has a great weird atmosphere, classic fulci in my mind. the eroticist i just saw also and found it hilarious, and that dream sequence was genius.
maybe we should do a vote? list out all the horror/sexy (ie shameless appropriate) fulci films and see which three we'd most like to see in a boxset?
Old 12th May 2011, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict

Touch of death is fantastic, I have that and sodomas ghost (also great) on european release and love em, I also like grindhouses cat in the brain which cannibalises footage from both. Arrow or shameless could get a few sales from these films...(though I would LOVE a special edition of dont torture a duckling) optimums lizard in a womans skin is fantastic too.

The real question is how much of fulci's back catalouge is in the hands of vipco doing nothing...

Zombie flesh-eaters is a real cash cow for them but the blue-underground release is miles better and the shriek show release is unsurpassed with the feature length documentary.

please someone buy out vipco and re-issue their back catalouge in decent editions!
Old 12th May 2011, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really wouldn't recomend Ghosts Of Sodom it's terrible and I mean terrible!
Pete and Drakie79 like this.
Old 12th May 2011, 08:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

'duckling' is pretty good, saw it at a mates fair few years ago, was on vhs but subtitled i think, good enough for a solo release, bit argento like/no bad thing/ hard to describe without a spoiler, but don't trust geezers with chains, perfect for arrow.
Old 13th May 2011, 01:12 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The real question is how much of fulci's back catalouge is in the hands of vipco doing nothing...

Zombie flesh-eaters is a real cash cow for them but the blue-underground release is miles better and the shriek show release is unsurpassed with the feature length documentary.

please someone buy out vipco and re-issue their back catalouge in decent editions!
It's rumoured that quite a few of the Vipco titles weren't even owned by them, they were little more than glorified bootlegs. I know that they definitely don't own Zombie Flesh Eaters anymore, so that one may be around and up for grabs.

Isn't Duckling coming from Shameless..?

Like this? Share it using the links below!