Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2011, 03:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

5 of us
Old 9th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Cult Rookie

I would like to see the original Wicker Man or Witchfinder General given a yellow box. Both are great classic films and would add more than a touch of British class to the collection.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phsyco butcher View Post
I would like to see the original Wicker Man or Witchfinder General given a yellow box. Both are great classic films and would add more than a touch of British class to the collection.
Both films are currently owned by other studios (The Wicker Man by a major), so a Shameless release of either film is never going to be likely, unfortunately.

Both are fantastic films, and Witchfinder General is getting a Blu-Ray release courtesy of Odeon this year. I can only hope that The Wicker Man also gets a HD release soon...
Old 10th March 2011, 03:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Thats good to know. Now I have a reason to get blue-ray.

Thanks
Old 25th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

As there is currently no individual UK DVD releases of Pete Walker's House of Whipcord and House of Mortal Sin, how about Shameless releasing these Walker classics onto DVD? I know Odeon Entertainment hold the rights to some of Walker's films but these two haven't made an appearence so far.I'd also like to see a Shameless DVD release for the Donald Pleasence / Tom Baker freak flick, The Mutations.
Old 25th March 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

If i am correct Deadly Strangers is in the public domain.

I actually watched it last night, the print whilst being 1:33 is very watchable without much damage, the only obvious flaw being a vhs copy.

It is an excellent film, with a gripping 20 minute finale.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
As there is currently no individual UK DVD releases of Pete Walker's House of Whipcord and House of Mortal Sin, how about Shameless releasing these Walker classics onto DVD? I know Odeon Entertainment hold the rights to some of Walker's films but these two haven't made an appearence so far.I'd also like to see a Shameless DVD release for the Donald Pleasence / Tom Baker freak flick, The Mutations.
Anchor Bay own them, they just haven't bothered to re-issue them. I cherish my coffin set.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
If i am correct Deadly Strangers is in the public domain.
It was made by the Rank Organisation and was distributed by Fox-Rank. It's unlikely that this is in the public domain. Somebody, somewhere owns the copyright. Let's be clear here, PD operators rely on the Berne Convention - that same Convention states that a distributor must have exhausted all copyright possibilities before proceeding with releasing it unauthorised. The onus is on the distributor to find out who owns a title, not the other way around.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangooo View Post
Anchor Bay own them, they just haven't bothered to re-issue them. I cherish my coffin set.
Frightmare and Die Screaming Marianne were also in the AB coffin set, but both have been re-issued by Odeon Entertainment.Perhaps Odeon will release Whipcord and Mortal Sin sometime in the future too.If not how about Shameless buying up the rights?
Old 26th March 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It was made by the Rank Organisation and was distributed by Fox-Rank. It's unlikely that this is in the public domain. Somebody, somewhere owns the copyright. Let's be clear here, PD operators rely on the Berne Convention - that same Convention states that a distributor must have exhausted all copyright possibilities before proceeding with releasing it unauthorised. The onus is on the distributor to find out who owns a title, not the other way around.
You can watch it at Lovefilm.

It had a dvd release in the US on Eastwest Entertainment in 2006, who incidentally released versions of Phenomena and Deep Red.

Like this? Share it using the links below!