Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:25 PM
Active Cultist

Default Trailers! Trailers! Trailers! last shark

I don't think I am alone in loving trailers- I recently bought the grindhouse classic trailers compilation- so thats a thought for the future, how about a trailers compilation.

oh and another vote for last shark

that film has to be seen to be believed.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:02 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah Marc & Jake hit on a sweet idea with the trailers disc. We could do one in the future (although where we'd find the time I'm not sure) but the aim for now is to try and vary future trailer reels on our discs (you'll notice that Killer Nun and Torso are very similar to NYR and PoD) for trailers. The only problem with this is getting materials (it's amazing how many films don't have trailers we can source (so we've had to make trailers for Flavia, Ratman and The Frightened Woman so far) and also you can't start showing different trailers until you've bought the rights to more movies but we're going to try and mix things up a bit more to keep life interesting!
Old 4th December 2007, 03:05 PM
Active Cultist

any trailer mix has to have Psychic Killer, Mountain of The Cannibal God and Shogun Assasin- apparently its the law.

For a trailer compilation disc I was thinking more of trailers for films you do not have in your catalogue, as it would make no sense to put out a disc with trailers that you already show before other features- it probably wouldnt sell.

To be honest I was skeptical about the idea of a trailers disc til the other week when I bought Grindhouse Classic Trailers and I sat and watched 2 hours of the things back to back and the documentary with Emily Booth.

Ive since found out that there are a few other similar discs out there- 42nd street forever. There a quite a few of these collections on vhs.

Anyhow what I had in mind was a trailers collection simply because they are interesting trailers.

On an a related note didn't it seem like every video cassette in the 80s had one of the following trailers- chud, scanners, shogun assasin

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 5th December 2007, 10:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have the three 42nd Street Trailer comps (the XXX one if amazing! haha), but there are soooo many out now. Ban1 have been doing it for some time and know they even have trailer comps aimed at certain decades - 60's seem popular at the moment!

Trying to put a new collection on the market now would be pretty risky. As Almar also said, trying to source trailers that are in good condition can also be expensive and time consuming. That being said, Synapse will be releasing their 4th trailer DVD in March next year - Exploitation Explosion!

Another thing that could prove problematic here would be the BBFC, haha. Some trailers include the nastiest scenes from the film they are promoting and it could mean having to trim down the trailers - doh!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 5th December 2007, 05:28 PM
Active Cultist

I am surprised Phill that there are so many of these things, it seems I am the last one to find out about anything. I think I ll track a few of these down. I enjoyed the grindhouse trailer classics one I watched it in one sitting though I bought it with the idea of a dvd that I could dip into now and then.

I wonder if there are any of these dedicated to Italiana, or to single genres (giallo or whatever)

For shameless it may not be such a risky thing because give it a few months and none of us will dare miss a single release for danger of having gaps in our spine message- they could sell us episodes of the Mr Men then and we would still buy

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 6th December 2007, 11:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Nah, you're not out of the loop matey! It's only in the states that they have kick off in such a big way. Jake West et al were the first UK label to get a trailer comp out here, maybe others will follow. If Synapse and Ban1 continue to have success over the pond, why can't other companies enjoy it here?

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 6th December 2007, 02:58 PM
Cultist

I've got the Grindhouse trailers DVD as well! I'd only seen a handful of the movies featured and there's quite a few I'd now like to get hold of! Top of my wishlist is The Man With Two Heads which looks really dumb and corny, but in an enjoyable way. (Just found out it's released in the US as part of the Midnite Movies range Yay)

Like this? Share it using the links below!