Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Walerian Borowczyk's Bloodbath of Dr. Jekyll. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/6111-walerian-borowczyks-bloodbath-dr-jekyll.html)

mr 420 8th July 2011 10:23 AM

Walerian Borowczyk's Bloodbath of Dr. Jekyll.
 
Surely it's time for a quality release of this after being relegated to sub-par cut versions for far too many a year now. With the success of CH and the like faring well at the bbfc the time is ripe to put it past the censors once more (I can't honestly see them cutting out 8 minutes again!). It is my favourite telling of the story and every scene looks like it could of been painted by a grand master. The cast is a horror fan's dream featuring such stalwarts as Udo Kier, Howard Vernon and Patrick Magee. Throw in some steamy, sexy scenes and shocking gore and you have a film that no self respecting horror fan should be without.

Demoncrat 8th July 2011 10:34 AM

indeed, have a auld vhs of the BODJ title and a dvdr of Dr Jekyll and the Women...there is hardcore in it so a complete version might be problematic, even if its only a few seconds....regardless a bonkers film (magee!!););)

mr 420 9th July 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 164409)
indeed, have a auld vhs of the BODJ title and a dvdr of Dr Jekyll and the Women...there is hardcore in it so a complete version might be problematic, even if its only a few seconds....regardless a bonkers film (magee!!););)

I take it the vhs is the old VTC release? That's the one that I have. I would love to see the Dr Jekyll and his Women cut, I would imagine I'm missing some salacious stuff! I totally agree with you about Patrick Magee, he totally steals the film in the short time that he's in it.:loco:

Demoncrat 12th July 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 164617)
I take it the vhs is the old VTC release? That's the one that I have. I would love to see the Dr Jekyll and his Women cut, I would imagine I'm missing some salacious stuff! I totally agree with you about Patrick Magee, he totally steals the film in the short time that he's in it.:loco:

it is really just seconds of a large erection, and some whipping that youre missing...my dvdr looks like an u/c vhs rip to be blunt...its all good though, am big Udo Kier fan etc....

mr 420 12th July 2011 02:28 PM

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much and with the former, I quite happy not to be seeing that!:nod::)

Demoncrat 13th July 2011 12:06 PM

haha i had to rewind it slightly the first time, as i thought it was...well you dont want to know what i THOUGHT it was harumph...:lol:

mr 420 14th July 2011 03:17 PM

At least it wasn't in 3D.

Paul@TheOverlook 14th July 2011 06:37 PM

Marc Morris told me that it's impossible to track down the rights holders to this one. It's a real shame, I've never seen it.

Gojirosan 14th July 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 165866)
Marc Morris told me that it's impossible to track down the rights holders to this one. It's a real shame, I've never seen it.

That's quite depressing.

Demoncrat 15th July 2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 165866)
Marc Morris told me that it's impossible to track down the rights holders to this one. It's a real shame, I've never seen it.

yes, ive heard that as well...a shame as it is a "one-of-a-kind" sort of film, biased as i am about Kier ;);)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.