Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2011, 04:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Sam Peckinpahs "CROSS OF IRON" for a shameless release

okay i know shameless only re-release b movies but since cannibal holocaust is being given a justified re-release with minor cuts and being re-restored to its near former glory, one film i think should be given the shameless treatment is Sam Peckinpah's "CROSS OF IRON", a world war 2 film that like Cannibal has suffered from the similar fates of savage cuts in its film time that has made the film as limp as a bag of sour beef jerky.

it was loosely based on the SVEN HASSEL fiction novels centering on a group of german soldiers who witness the terrible cost the war has brought to Europe and them knowing the fact that they are fighting a war they cannot win fighting alongside criminals and other degenerates sent to fight in the penal battalions to regain their honour and respect from the furher and being given orders by blood thirsty SS generals who care nothing for the wellfare of their men except final victory at all costs.

rather than just re-releasing horror films and post apocalyptic films i like to see shameless branching into the war films market and re-release films that have been lost in time that should have been classics hadn't it been for the inteference of the PC BRIGADE cutting the films film time of its most "controversial" scenes just so it can be fit for public consumption.
Old 11th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's just been released by Optimum in one of the best blu-ray transfers I have seen.
Old 11th July 2011, 06:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

The 2 threads "What have you purchased" and "What have you seen/bought on Blu-Ray" are a great guide to what's out there, I always check em daily.

Last edited by platostotal; 11th July 2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11th July 2011, 06:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Shameless wouldn't even contemplate releasing this.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th July 2011, 08:17 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocker665 View Post
rather than just re-releasing horror films and post apocalyptic films i like to see shameless branching into the war films market and re-release films that have been lost in time that should have been classics hadn't it been for the inteference of the PC BRIGADE cutting the films film time of its most "controversial" scenes just so it can be fit for public consumption.
Shameless' sister company Argent tent to release films that fit this description a bit more. They created Shameless to release films that were too trashy, sleazy, gory or obscure for the main label.

However, titles like Footprints and The Frightened Woman I think demonstrate that Shameless does a bit more than just re-releasing horror and post-apocalyptic films! War films just don't quite fit with the style of the brand I'm afraid...
Old 12th July 2011, 08:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Shameless' sister company Argent tent to release films that fit this description a bit more. They created Shameless to release films that were too trashy, sleazy, gory or obscure for the main label.
You do know Argent is the company who released ATTACK FORCE Z, SALON KITTY, LADY OF THE NIGHT, DIRTY LOVE 2 and THE NUN AND THE DEVIL.
Old 12th July 2011, 08:32 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
You do know Argent is the company who released ATTACK FORCE Z, SALON KITTY, LADY OF THE NIGHT, DIRTY LOVE 2 and THE NUN AND THE DEVIL.
Yep, but they also released Battle of Algiers, Keoma and Django.

Plus, next to Ratman and Manhattan Baby, Salon Kitty and The Nun and the Devil are practically mainstream works of art!
Old 12th July 2011, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, but they also released Battle of Algiers, Keoma and Django.

Plus, next to Ratman and Manhattan Baby, Salon Kitty and The Nun and the Devil are practically mainstream works of art!
ha ha ha, not in my gallery, me thinks. Give me trashy pointless kitch any day.
Old 13th July 2011, 06:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
ha ha ha, not in my gallery, me thinks. Give me trashy pointless kitch any day.
Same here. That's why I'm really looking forward to Arrow's release of Pieces - nice little crappy movie!

Greetings!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Same here. That's why I'm really looking forward to Arrow's release of Pieces - nice little crappy movie!

Greetings!
Pieces, crappy?! It's a masterpiece!

Like this? Share it using the links below!