Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Shameless Strands (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/632-shameless-strands.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 31st July 2008 03:19 PM

Shameless Strands

Right so we need to get cracking on sorting out future Shameless releases. There are no shortage of great suggestions on the forums already and we've looked, are looking, will look at them all - it's just such a slow process - it drives us as mad as it must for you guys too but we've been using the time well to improve our up-coming titles - more information on them very soon.

What I wanted to touch on are strands we should explore... or not! I want us to keep putting out horror and thrillers but what other genres in Italian films do we all feel need better servicing? For me I would like us to look into an action strand for instance. Surely someone out there must want a copy of Thunder or Strike Commando - or is that just me?

Philleh 31st July 2008 03:23 PM

More Poliziottesci movies would be a nice touch, mate :)

TALL DUDE 31st July 2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 11431)
Right so we need to get cracking on sorting out future Shameless releases. There are no shortage of great suggestions on the forums already and we've looked, are looking, will look at them all - it's just such a slow process - it drives us as mad as it must for you guys too but we've been using the time well to improve our up-coming titles - more information on them very soon.

What I wanted to touch on are strands we should explore... or not! I want us to keep putting out horror and thrillers but what other genres in Italian films do we all feel need better servicing? For me I would like us to look into an action strand for instance. Surely someone out there must want a copy of Thunder or Strike Commando - or is that just me?

You gotta give us blastfighter almar.Lamberto's finest moment.Well,next to demons anyway.
Any chance?:o

Almar@Cult Labs 31st July 2008 03:38 PM

Well we're going to have a meeting tomorrow to start exploring any concrete leads we have for future collections - I'll sling it in!

TALL DUDE 31st July 2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 11435)
Well we're going to have a meeting tomorrow to start exploring any concrete leads we have for future collections - I'll sling it in!

Good man! What about all those italian post apocalypse action fests,still a few of them to be released.How about atlantis interceptors,rome 2033: the fighter centurions,exterminators of the year 3000,endgame,plus plenty more.
A great wee subgenre all of their own.
I'd buy all of these in a heartbeat,so theres one sale anyways.;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2008 05:12 PM

American horror's the way to go methinks.....if not and it's action,then you gotta get FINAL MISSION Almar.......;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2008 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the one here-a cheezy FIRST BLOOD rip off....dig that artwork though:cool:

Halloween_22 31st July 2008 06:29 PM

I'd love to see more obscure horror titles get the Shameless treatment but I'd be perfectly happy if you went down the action route, especially seen as you mentioned Strike Commando :woot: Be great to see that get a DVD release. I think that going with films like this might pay off at the moment aswell what with the big Rambo resurgence since the new film came out, they might attract more casual film buyers as opposed to say just horror fans.

Zarith 31st July 2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 11431)

Poliziottesci like Lenzi's Rome Armed to the Teeth, Deadato's Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man, Martino's Violent Professional or Di Leo's Milano calibro 9 would be great. Post-apocalyptic movies are also fun: Castellari's The Bronx Warriors, Martino's 2019: After the Fall of New York, and all the others.

Personally, I'm more interested in rarities, whatever the genre: Questi's Death Laid an Egg, Fulci's Beatrice Cenci, ...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2008 07:20 PM

Yeah,under a SHAMELESS rarities label,you could release a mixture of genres that are long forgotten.....;)