Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How many of us would buy a Blu-ray of Cannibal Ferox? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/6798-how-many-us-would-buy-blu-ray-cannibal-ferox.html)

Andra Jai 23rd September 2011 08:21 PM

How many of us would buy a Blu-ray of Cannibal Ferox?

Assuming that this could get through uncut except for some of the animal footage which judging by the holocaust release seems pretty realistic.

Personally I've always preferred Ferox and would love to see a high definition release and it would make a great companion piece to the other film.

Hopefully potential sales would make it worth while in Shameless getting this one out there

Hammer time 23rd September 2011 10:37 PM

i would buy a animal freindly edition of this,the animal killing seems out of place in ferox

keirarts 23rd September 2011 11:29 PM

I would buy a blu-ray of this, provided whoever released managed to get all of grindhouses bonus features.

That said, no way would this ever get through uncut.

Andra Jai 23rd September 2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 183742)
no way would this ever get through uncut.

I could see it getting through uncut apart from the animal scenes, the gore scenes in this aren't much worse than most other titles from this genre, the only scene they may have a problem with is the breast piercing but I don't think even that would be impossible to get through these days.

Gojirosan 23rd September 2011 11:39 PM

I would not. I have a DVD as a curio, but I don't think it's a good film at all. I wouldn't upgrade to a BD.

vaultkeeper 24th September 2011 12:22 AM

I would not, i would wait for an American or Scandinavian company to release it on uncut blu-ray instead, and i already have it on DVD uncut.

Slippery Jack 24th September 2011 08:53 AM

Nah. None of those jungle cannibal films hold much appeal for me . . .

Splatterdragon73 24th September 2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaultkeeper (Post 183746)
I would wait for an American or Scandinavian company to release it on uncut blu-ray instead.

Me too and only if a British BR of CF came jam-packed with exclusive extras would i consider buying such a release.:)

bigandya 24th September 2011 02:52 PM

Definitely, though all those who oppose animal cruelty in films made 30 years ago really ought to consider the entire output of Italian cinema in the 70s. Ferox and Holocaust included this type of footage because it was acceptable back then (check out the works of Castiglione and Prosperi). Remving the footage just because it doesn't fit in with modern sensibilities is tantamount to destroying a historical document. These things happened; they shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

And no, I don't advocate cruelty to animals. But I do hate censorship of legitimate cinema. Totally.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2011 07:59 PM

I'm not a great fan of Ferox (I much prefer Cannibal Holocaust) but would a BD if it had new and exclusive extra features.