Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th September 2008, 02:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default Can we please finally have an English language release of Absurd!

Okay, this has probably already been requested, so consider this a re-iteration! I want this on DVD in its English language variant - it's brilliant, and this is loooooong overdue
Old 17th September 2008, 08:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Okay, this has probably already been requested, so consider this a re-iteration! I want this on DVD in its English language variant - it's brilliant, and this is loooooong overdue
HERE!HERE!
I second that motion!
I have a scratty dvd-rom of it,in desperate need of an upgrade!
Old 17th September 2008, 09:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'm with you on that one aswell. Only got it on a DVD-R sourced from the old medusa vhs. Surprisingly the quality's actually not that bad, obviously not DVD quality but it's alright. Still, it's a great film and well worthy of a UK release. It really is long overdue.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It definitely needs a UK DVD release and a 2-on-1 with the original Anthropophagous would be excellent. I believe MGM own the rights to it alas.

The old cinema version was cut by 2 mins 32 secs though it would fly through intact now.
Old 17th September 2008, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yes, I doubt this would have much bother at the BBFC these days. It would be really great if someone got round to putting out an English language (or at least Italian with English subs) version of this out on DVD. I'd be first in line for one - and I think a Shameless makeover would be fantastic.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
It definitely needs a UK DVD release and a 2-on-1 with the original Anthropophagous would be excellent. I believe MGM own the rights to it alas.

The old cinema version was cut by 2 mins 32 secs though it would fly through intact now.
Whats the current UK status with Anthro? Has it ever been submitted to the BBFC in an uncut form. I'm guessing the Grim Reaper version was submitted already cut as the BBFC website states that no cus were necessary. Surely it'd get through unscathed now right? Sure, the feotus munching scene is in bad taste but it's not that bad when you actually watch it.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:09 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The only BBFC submission of Anthro has been as the heavily cut Grim Reaper (minus around 2 mins). The BBFC have never seen the uncut version and it wouldn't pose any censorship problems at all today. Neither would Absurd.

Of the remaining as-yet-unreleased video nasty 'slashers' the only one that would pose a problem for the BBFC would be Don't Go In The House.
Old 18th September 2008, 06:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes Anthro would pass quite easily.
Old 18th September 2008, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think both Antro and Absurd would fly through the BBFC these days, providing the classifiers didn't fall asleep watching them! Antro is one long boring film Absurd is slightly better, but not much. I'm not sure how Don't Go In The House would fair, it is avaiable in the US but isn't much to write home about as a film. I sold my copy on eBay!
Old 18th September 2008, 05:02 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I'm not sure how Don't Go In The House would fair
The cuts it received last time (3 mins 7 secs) would be considerably reduced in length but it's pretty unlikely it would pass intact.

All the cuts were to the opening murder.

Like this? Share it using the links below!