Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Shameless predictions for 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/7551-shameless-predictions-2012-a.html)

PaulD 2nd January 2012 11:53 AM

Shameless predictions for 2012

Instead of the usual "Why don't they release such-and-such?" threads I thought it'd be interesing for people to have a think and, based on Shameless' output over the last few years, try to predict what they might have up their sleeves in 2012. Obviously realistic expectations are key here (although had someone said Cannibal Holocaust this time last year I suspect they'd be laughed all the way out of the thread, so who knows?) so I think any non-Italian films are pretty much out of bounds (I could be wrong but am 99% certain that all Shameless releases to date are Italian films). Then, if/when the predicted releases are actually announced we can all redirect back to this thread with an "I was right" smugness :)

I have no idea about who holds the rights or available materials but I think this year we might see at least a few of the following:

Lizard in a Woman's Skin
What Have They Done to Solange
Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man
Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key
Five Dolls for an August Moon
All the Colours of the Dark
The Case of the Scorpion's Tail

Fairly obvious choices maybe but I suspect there will be some more Fenech/Deodato/Martino goodness to come this year.

I also think Torso will get a re-release on bluray too, following Blue Undergrounds release last year

Remember this is more to do with predicting releases based on past ones rather than just "I hope they release..."

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 206987)
Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man

If only.

ReturnToZero 2nd January 2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 206987)
What Have They Done to Solange

If only.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd January 2012 07:48 PM

Interesting idea for a thread, Paul.

I highly doubt we'll see Lizard from Shameless anytime soon, due to the excellent remastered DVD from Optimum that was released in 2010.

I'd love to see Shameless tackle Solange and Your Vice (among others), though.

Andra Jai 2nd January 2012 08:10 PM

how about a decent release of cannibal ferox to stand alongside the cannibal holocaust blu-ray

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd January 2012 01:30 PM

I'd like to see pretty much all of those released, but think the chances of Shameless releasing Lizard in a Woman's Skin are slim to none given the fairly recent Optimum DVD.

Given the support shown on this thread and poll, I think (and hope) Mad Foxes is a decent pick for release sometime this year.

PaulD 3rd January 2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 207252)
I'd like to see pretty much all of those released, but think the chances of Shameless releasing Lizard in a Woman's Skin are slim to none given the fairly recent Optimum DVD.[/b]

I didn't realise that was such a recent release. Seems fair to say that's extremely unlikely then

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 207252)
Given the support shown on this thread and poll, I think (and hope) Mad Foxes is a decent pick for release sometime this year.

Ah yeah, that does seem like it might be a good one to place a bet on. I forgot about the support for that film on here.

I'm trying to think of other films they might release on the basis of what they've done before - fair bit of Fulci, Deodato, Castellari in the past. Maybe some more this year. Would be surprised if they didn't release another Martino giallo. Would also love it if they did!

Hawkmonger 3rd January 2012 06:30 PM

Why not release Aenigma? Now there is a nice little bit of underrated Fulci pleasure. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th January 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 207299)
Why not release Aenigma? Now there is a nice little bit of underrated Fulci pleasure. :)

Great suggestion/prediction. That would be perfect for a Shameless release.

Hawkmonger 5th January 2012 09:44 AM

I was also thinking of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (aka Living Dead of the Manchester Morgue) or is that more up Arrows street?