Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Your Top 5 Picks for Shameless Releases! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/7604-your-top-5-picks-shameless-releases.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th January 2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 208174)
I just read a few reviews of Umberto Lenzi's giallo Knife on Ice and the only official releases which seems to be available is the US and Japanese DVD. The US is non-anamorphic with bad quality, the Japanese has a nice print but its also non-anamorphic.
I think about 99% of us who likes to watch movies has a widescreen TV so these releases are just not acceptable.

I think Shameless should consider releasing this!

Knife of Ice was a release i was looking forward to. Then its release was delayed and Mya end up offering us the version you mention with a poor print.

It would be great if Shameless did pick it up for release.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th January 2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 208515)
Knife of Ice was a release i was looking forward to. Then its release was delayed and Mya end up offering us the version you mention with a poor print.

It would be great if Shameless did pick it up for release.

It wasn't MYA who released Knife of Ice, but the grey-market outfit WHAM! USA, Dem.

I too would like to see the film get a proper remastered anamorphic release. Lenzi has a reputation as being a bit of a sleazy director after Cannibal Ferox, but when watching his older gialli (Spasmo, Seven Blood Stained Orchids etc.) you realise how much talent he has.

Also, the Japanese version of Knife of Ice was improperly translated on the cover, so is actually called Ice of Knife! ;)

Mojo 10th January 2012 06:24 PM

A few ideas...

What Have You Done To Solange? ( Blu-ray )
Amuck!
Sodoma's Ghost
The Washing Machine
All The Colours Of The Dark

:)

Daemonia 12th January 2012 01:47 AM

Caltikii
I, Vampiri
Island of the Fishmen
Long Hair of Death
Plankton (aka Creatures from the Deep)

Daemonia 12th January 2012 01:49 AM

A few more I'd like to see in the UK...

Exorcist 3 (but I doubt Warner would license it out, but I'd love to see a rebuild of the original film before the studio interference)
Nightbreed (as above)
The 5 Days of Milan (the only Argento I have yet to see)
Catacombs
Specters
The Video Dead
Lost in Time (Waxwork 2)
The Silent Night Deadly Night sequels

Prince_Vajda 12th January 2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 208826)
Caltikii
I, Vampiri
Island of the Fishmen
Long Hair of Death
Plankton (aka Creatures from the Deep)

Excellent little gem. Bava's outstanding b/w-cinematography is really eye-catching! :nod:

Greetings!

Daemonia 12th January 2012 01:30 PM

What would be the chances of Arrow or Shameless getting hold of those Amicus, Tigon, Walker and Warren films and giving them the Blu treatment?

And since Shamless have surprised everyone by getting Four Flies, how about getting hold of The Ghoul and Legend of the Werewolf? Those Tyburn films are loooooong overdue for a DVD release (or even BD, now).

Hawkmonger 12th January 2012 02:52 PM

The Five Days of Millan is to much of a comedy for shameless to release IMHO. Maybe that would be one for Arrow Acadamy?

James Morton 12th January 2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 208834)
Excellent little gem. Bava's outstanding b/w-cinematography is really eye-catching! :nod:

Greetings!

Bava's / Freda's (I know he left the film) I VAMPIRI was to my surprise a nice little horror
I honestly didn't think I would like it so much and it was the first Italian horror but as the R0 Image was pricey I bought the anamorphic dvdr of the film
Would really like to see this film w/Tim Lucas commentary
There is a German dvd under a different title but I read its not Eng friendly
A nice UK release would be great to my Bava collection

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 208573)
It wasn't MYA who released Knife of Ice, but the grey-market outfit WHAM! USA, Dem.

I'm a tool, i wasn't even on about Knife of Ice in my own mind, i was talking about Death Will Have Your Eyes. :boom:.