Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2011, 11:23 PM
Active Cultist

Oasis of fear for life!
Old 6th January 2011, 09:21 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post

I suggested this about two years ago after half of the Shameless titles were released.
Who knows,maybe they're in a better position to think about it now!
I found no less than two other threads requesting Shameless release a soundtrack CD so I've merged them all together here!

I would certainly buy a copy. I'm not sure exactly what the logistics of such a thing are but I will certainly make sure that Shameless sees this thread!
Old 6th January 2011, 12:00 PM
Active Cultist

Seeing as Shameless have the rights to distribute the films (at least in the UK) does that mean they also have the distribution rights to the film's soundtrack? - or at least, the audio track of the film.

It would be very easy to do a home made CD, just use something like ImToo DVD Audio Ripper to extract the audio from the DVDs, then locate the musical bits using Audacity/etc. Unfortunately in some cases, for example on The Frightened Woman, you have parts of the soundtrack that are interrupted by dialogue (e.g. in the closing field scenes the groovy music has dialogue over the top), but then the dancing scene has an uninterrupted song on it.

I wonder if Shameless have the isolated scores? Still, a release with just the songs that don't have character dialogue over the top (Oasis Of Fear is another one that springs to mind where the theme isn't interrupted) would be good enough.

Online distribution would be easy. I run a record label if Shameless are interested
Old 6th January 2011, 12:42 PM
Active Cultist

The Frightened Woman OST was released on CD and Vinyl, I know a few more labels that might be into putting together a 'proper' release.

I think it's a great idea!

^Click for Primitive Doom Metal
Old 6th January 2011, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A set of Shameless scores or even Arrow scores for that matter would be very welcome. I know that the soundtrack collecting fraternity would be very interested, especially with the giallos. But, rights to these things tend to be quite complicated. I'd like to see another proper release of the Zombi OST for example.
Old 6th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I would love a Shameless Greatest Hits album with the themes from their first 20 releases.
Old 8th January 2011, 08:09 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarith View Post

He did the same in The Short Night of The Glass Dolls. In the middle of the movie, there's an ultra cheesy/romantic folk song.
Oh god yeah, "Raaaaiiin of Blooood". Thanks, it'll be days before I get that song out of my head!
Old 8th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Cultist

This is a superb idea, I think maybe between tracks there could be snippets of dialogue from the first 20 Shameless titles, kinda like the ost for Pulp Fiction. Maybe this could be released around the same time as my proposed Shameless Top Trumps?
Old 8th March 2011, 10:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love a proper compilation of the opening titles from many a giallo film or even the opening title music from Shameless releases. It would be super cool if they could include the closing track from Don't Torture A Duckling and the dirty, funky opening track from New York Ripper. I've been trying to track that down for ages.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:30 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any soundtrack would need to have the theme music from Cannibal Holocaust -- a really haunting composition that works so well because it juxtaposes with the images on screen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!