Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2008, 08:49 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Shameless Soundtrack Album Thread

I know this is highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Shameless release some grade A soundtracks from their wonderful cannon of films. The rare films often carry fantastic soundtracks which are simply not available.

I assume that seeing as many have been re-edited and cleaned up, it is possible for you lucky buggers at Shameless to own some of these wonderful scores? Or is it a case of the dialogue being 'tied' onto them?

I'd really like to get my grubby paws on the fantastically ridiculous 'Night Train Murders' soundtrack by Ennio Morricone and the brilliant Stelvio Cipriani score to 'What have they done to your daughters?'

If I nudge and wink enough do you reckon there's a chance of emailing me, at least, that Demmis Roussos song from Night Train Murders? I'd be eternally greatful!

Jocko
Old 5th October 2008, 10:28 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock Mooney View Post
I know this is highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Shameless release some grade A soundtracks from their wonderful cannon of films. The rare films often carry fantastic soundtracks which are simply not available.
I don't think there is a market for this... OST CDs don't sell. A few soundtracks, like Titanic or Amelie, are successful, but the majority are totally ignored... Shameless would be losing time and money on this.

As a bonus CD in a "collector edition", it would be be really nice, tough.

Quote:
If I nudge and wink enough do you reckon there's a chance of emailing me, at least, that Demmis Roussos song from Night Train Murders? I'd be eternally greatful!
Do you like this song? Really?!

Why don't you grab it from your DVD?
Old 5th October 2008, 10:40 AM
Cultist in Training

I dunno how to grab from me DVD - could you tell me how?

Yes, I do like that song in a "what the **** is this unbelievably awful shit?" way... I just cannot believe such a ludicrous piece of music could ever be created, let alone put on the beginning AND end of a film that it is completely unsuited for!

It is sadly very hard to find to find this recording - perhaps wisely most record companies have kept it off Demis Roussos releases (odd to think that they don't consider them all shite!)

I think it would sell, they could do a limited edition of 500 and I bet it would shift...

The Stelvio Cipriani CD would defo sell if it was widely promoted on blogs - the full soundtrack to La Poliza Chiede Aiuto / What have they done to your daughters? has never been released - only a couple of tracks are available across a handfull of compilations.

OK - it was released on vinyl in 1974, but screw that, I'm not searching on Ebay for something that will cost a fortune and be crackling in my ears when I listen via the i-pod!

Maybe I should start a petition to release it, if I had the time I certainly would but ultimately there are more important things to do; like eating sushi...
Old 5th October 2008, 12:38 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I dunno how to grab from me DVD - could you tell me how?
You just need a software DVD player with a audio capture option. There are many available (I'm using: http://www.dvd-x-player.com/).

I could do it for you but I don't have Night Train Murders anymore.

Quote:
Yes, I do like that song in a "what the **** is this unbelievably awful shit?" way... I just cannot believe such a ludicrous piece of music could ever be created, let alone put on the beginning AND end of a film that it is completely unsuited for!
According to Aldo Lado himself, it was a way to start and conclude the movie with a less dramatic tone - to put a little bit of tenderness in a very dark and violent story... The idea was not bad, but the song is just annoying.

He did the same in The Short Night of The Glass Dolls. In the middle of the movie, there's an ultra cheesy/romantic folk song.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:56 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Here are the opening credits (complete with the dulcet tones of the Roussos) on YouTube.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:03 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Shameless cd

What Shameless tracks would you like to listen to while driving along with the cd blaring?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:28 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Will anyone dare to suggest Demis Roussos's "A Flower's All You Need"?
Old 20th November 2008, 06:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The TORSO score is fantastic, and that creepy as hell music from 'Who Saw Her Die?'. Sends chills down my spine every time I hear it
Old 20th November 2008, 11:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

What Have They Done to your Daughters? for me-one of the coolest tunes in a film ever....
What's the chances Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th November 2008, 02:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Hello.
The theme from oasis of fear would fit in on there nicely.this is a really good idea.I`d buy it

Like this? Share it using the links below!