Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Shameless Soundtrack Album Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/771-shameless-soundtrack-album-thread.html)

Jock Mooney 5th October 2008 08:49 AM

Shameless Soundtrack Album Thread

I know this is highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Shameless release some grade A soundtracks from their wonderful cannon of films. The rare films often carry fantastic soundtracks which are simply not available.

I assume that seeing as many have been re-edited and cleaned up, it is possible for you lucky buggers at Shameless to own some of these wonderful scores? Or is it a case of the dialogue being 'tied' onto them?

I'd really like to get my grubby paws on the fantastically ridiculous 'Night Train Murders' soundtrack by Ennio Morricone and the brilliant Stelvio Cipriani score to 'What have they done to your daughters?'

If I nudge and wink enough do you reckon there's a chance of emailing me, at least, that Demmis Roussos song from Night Train Murders? I'd be eternally greatful!

Jocko:woot:

Zarith 5th October 2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock Mooney (Post 15158)
I know this is highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Shameless release some grade A soundtracks from their wonderful cannon of films. The rare films often carry fantastic soundtracks which are simply not available.

I don't think there is a market for this... OST CDs don't sell. A few soundtracks, like Titanic or Amelie, are successful, but the majority are totally ignored... Shameless would be losing time and money on this.

As a bonus CD in a "collector edition", it would be be really nice, tough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock Mooney (Post 15158)
If I nudge and wink enough do you reckon there's a chance of emailing me, at least, that Demmis Roussos song from Night Train Murders? I'd be eternally greatful!

Do you like this song? Really?!:ack:

Why don't you grab it from your DVD?

Jock Mooney 5th October 2008 10:40 AM

I dunno how to grab from me DVD - could you tell me how?

Yes, I do like that song in a "what the **** is this unbelievably awful shit?" way... I just cannot believe such a ludicrous piece of music could ever be created, let alone put on the beginning AND end of a film that it is completely unsuited for!

It is sadly very hard to find to find this recording - perhaps wisely most record companies have kept it off Demis Roussos releases (odd to think that they don't consider them all shite!)

I think it would sell, they could do a limited edition of 500 and I bet it would shift...

The Stelvio Cipriani CD would defo sell if it was widely promoted on blogs - the full soundtrack to La Poliza Chiede Aiuto / What have they done to your daughters? has never been released - only a couple of tracks are available across a handfull of compilations.

OK - it was released on vinyl in 1974, but screw that, I'm not searching on Ebay for something that will cost a fortune and be crackling in my ears when I listen via the i-pod!

Maybe I should start a petition to release it, if I had the time I certainly would but ultimately there are more important things to do; like eating sushi...

Zarith 5th October 2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock Mooney (Post 15161)
I dunno how to grab from me DVD - could you tell me how?

You just need a software DVD player with a audio capture option. There are many available (I'm using: http://www.dvd-x-player.com/).

I could do it for you but I don't have Night Train Murders anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jock Mooney (Post 15161)
Yes, I do like that song in a "what the **** is this unbelievably awful shit?" way... I just cannot believe such a ludicrous piece of music could ever be created, let alone put on the beginning AND end of a film that it is completely unsuited for!

According to Aldo Lado himself, it was a way to start and conclude the movie with a less dramatic tone - to put a little bit of tenderness in a very dark and violent story... The idea was not bad, but the song is just annoying.

He did the same in The Short Night of The Glass Dolls. In the middle of the movie, there's an ultra cheesy/romantic folk song.

vincenzo 5th October 2008 12:56 PM

Here are the opening credits (complete with the dulcet tones of the Roussos) on YouTube. http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...coolgleamA.gif

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th November 2008 11:03 PM

Shameless cd

What Shameless tracks would you like to listen to while driving along with the cd blaring?

vincenzo 19th November 2008 11:28 PM

Will anyone dare to suggest Demis Roussos's "A Flower's All You Need"? http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...es/biggrin.gif

Halloween_22 20th November 2008 05:36 PM

The TORSO score is fantastic, and that creepy as hell music from 'Who Saw Her Die?'. Sends chills down my spine every time I hear it :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th November 2008 10:52 PM

What Have They Done to your Daughters? for me-one of the coolest tunes in a film ever....;)
What's the chances Almar?:)

dirty_harry 29th November 2008 01:31 PM

Hello.
The theme from oasis of fear would fit in on there nicely.this is a really good idea.I`d buy it
:cool:

Peter Neal 2nd December 2008 08:55 AM

"Strip Nude For Your Killer"...if in need for a quick dose of sleaze.:D

I always loved that NYR title theme....:cool:

And I know, some people can't stand it, but the bittersweet title song for "Night Train Murders" would be a must too!!!!!!

robertzombie 5th January 2011 03:59 PM

Shameless Soundtrack CD?

I was wondering if it would be possible (ie. rights wise) for Shameless to put out a CD with all the themes from, say, the first 20 releases that make up the original Spinebuilder?

Might not be financially viable to do a nationwide release, but an independent one sold through Cult-Labs could be easily acheived at little distribution costs.

What are users thoughts on this?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 05:59 PM

Excellent idea, Robert! I would snap that up if Shameless did release a CD. The films released have great soundtracks which add so much to the film. This would be brilliant!

oaxaca 5th January 2011 06:11 PM

Absolutely! So many gialli have fantastic soundtracks. They would be great to rock out to in the car on the way to work :D:rockon:

broonage 5th January 2011 06:28 PM

Yes please!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 06:30 PM

Yeah, I'd definitely buy this too. :nod:

Inspector Tanzi 5th January 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 120019)
I would snap that up if Shameless did release a CD.!

Same here.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 08:30 PM

:lol:

I suggested this about two years ago after half of the Shameless titles were released.
Who knows,maybe they're in a better position to think about it now!

With the wealth of composing talent stretched across the Shameless catalogue so far,it'd be a cracker!

I'd certainly buy it!:nod:

thundercrack 5th January 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 120019)
I would snap that up if Shameless did release a CD.

I would as well

kingofwitches666 5th January 2011 10:07 PM

I'd definitely buy one! :nod:

stefanmetal 5th January 2011 10:23 PM

Oasis of fear for life!

Sarah@Cult Labs 6th January 2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 120054)
:lol:

I suggested this about two years ago after half of the Shameless titles were released.
Who knows,maybe they're in a better position to think about it now!

I found no less than two other threads requesting Shameless release a soundtrack CD so I've merged them all together here!

I would certainly buy a copy. I'm not sure exactly what the logistics of such a thing are but I will certainly make sure that Shameless sees this thread!

robertzombie 6th January 2011 11:00 AM

Seeing as Shameless have the rights to distribute the films (at least in the UK) does that mean they also have the distribution rights to the film's soundtrack? - or at least, the audio track of the film.

It would be very easy to do a home made CD, just use something like ImToo DVD Audio Ripper to extract the audio from the DVDs, then locate the musical bits using Audacity/etc. Unfortunately in some cases, for example on The Frightened Woman, you have parts of the soundtrack that are interrupted by dialogue (e.g. in the closing field scenes the groovy music has dialogue over the top), but then the dancing scene has an uninterrupted song on it.

I wonder if Shameless have the isolated scores? Still, a release with just the songs that don't have character dialogue over the top (Oasis Of Fear is another one that springs to mind where the theme isn't interrupted) would be good enough.

Online distribution would be easy. I run a record label if Shameless are interested :eyebrows:

slaghammer 6th January 2011 11:42 AM

The Frightened Woman OST was released on CD and Vinyl, I know a few more labels that might be into putting together a 'proper' release.

I think it's a great idea!

wayfarer 6th January 2011 02:49 PM

A set of Shameless scores or even Arrow scores for that matter would be very welcome. I know that the soundtrack collecting fraternity would be very interested, especially with the giallos. But, rights to these things tend to be quite complicated. I'd like to see another proper release of the Zombi OST for example.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th January 2011 04:08 PM

I would love a Shameless Greatest Hits album with the themes from their first 20 releases.

ramses 8th January 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarith (Post 15169)

He did the same in The Short Night of The Glass Dolls. In the middle of the movie, there's an ultra cheesy/romantic folk song.

Oh god yeah, "Raaaaiiin of Blooood". Thanks, it'll be days before I get that :censored: song out of my head!

skankenstoned 8th March 2011 08:51 PM

This is a superb idea, I think maybe between tracks there could be snippets of dialogue from the first 20 Shameless titles, kinda like the ost for Pulp Fiction. Maybe this could be released around the same time as my proposed Shameless Top Trumps? :)

JAMIOUSE 8th March 2011 09:22 PM

I'd love a proper compilation of the opening titles from many a giallo film or even the opening title music from Shameless releases. It would be super cool if they could include the closing track from Don't Torture A Duckling and the dirty, funky opening track from New York Ripper. I've been trying to track that down for ages.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 07:30 AM

Any soundtrack would need to have the theme music from Cannibal Holocaust -- a really haunting composition that works so well because it juxtaposes with the images on screen.

mr 420 9th March 2011 11:02 AM

It's an Arrow sondtrack cd that I would like. With all that Frizzi compositions from The Beyond and COTLD I wouldn't have it out of my cd player.

Sobral 22nd March 2011 04:53 AM

I'd surely buy it!

Dimis 22nd March 2011 12:21 PM

I'd love the Strip nude for your killer opening theme in a clean version. Might be one of the most sexy themes i've listened to. Also the "What have they done to your daughters" theme, Le Orme, seriously it 's a great idea.

oaxaca 22nd March 2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 134149)
It's an Arrow sondtrack cd that I would like. With all that Frizzi compositions from The Beyond and COTLD I wouldn't have it out of my cd player.

After watching THE BEYOND for the first time in ages the other day, I'd forgotten how exceptional the music was in the film. I think its a key part of what makes it so effective.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd March 2011 02:17 PM

So, something that people would like from both Shameless and Arrow. A compilation CD from both companies would be more than welcome as there is no shortage of great music to consider.

mr 420 22nd March 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 137670)
After watching THE BEYOND for the first time in ages the other day, I'd forgotten how exceptional the music was in the film. I think its a key part of what makes it so effective.

My thoughts exactly!;)

Edit: I've just put up the original soudtrack up in the 'what have you been listening to' section (Posts 1407 to 1410) if anybody would like a listen?

blackcabbin1 23rd March 2011 10:15 AM

Seconded

Hello

Can i just second everything that everyone has said about doing a Shameless soundtrack compilation. It truly would be awesome to get some of the themes, specifically from the trailers.

I absolutly love the themes to 'Oasis of Fear' and 'Strip Nude...' but have no way of getting these from anywhere.

I have managed to get one or two of the soundtracks ('who saw her die' and 'Torso') but most have never been released, so surely Shameless can do something to try and get some sort of compilation together.

I urge a response from you guys. :woot:

robertzombie 23rd March 2011 12:41 PM

It would be fairly easy to make our own soundtrack CDs using an audio ripping tool and some patience, but an official release would be awesome! :)

Daemonia 23rd March 2011 01:41 PM

How about also getting the musical members of Cult Labs to do their own reworkings of certain film themes? I've done a strange techno-rock version of the Cannibal Holocaust theme complete with dialogue samples from the film (maybe Shameless would like it for their CH release? :lol:). However, I also realise there are copyright considerations for such things.