Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Films I would love to see released by Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/793-films-i-would-love-see-released-shameless.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 12:33 PM

First sale of the day - thank you sir! :popcorn:

mark meakin 26th January 2009 12:42 PM

Considering the vanilla discs issued by Vipco,a few extras would make them a double dip for me !.:).The Humanoid was released by Columbia in cinemas so I guess that one is out anyway !.

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 12:51 PM

Extras are always possible but they really push back the release dates. Presentation is something that's more immediate and can be addressed easier. What would people like more focus on? (assuming we can do it!)

cloud 26th January 2009 01:09 PM

To add something on them that no other release has would be my answer.

Why not go for the more obscure stuff instead though?

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 21018)
To add something on them that no other release has would be my answer.

Why not go for the more obscure stuff instead though?

Argent/Shameless owned the rights during the Vipco release period - now that the rights have reverted back it makes sense to see what Shameless could do with them. You gotta make money from the stuff in your cupboard so you can invest in the crazy obscure treats!

cloud 26th January 2009 01:15 PM

Would they sell well though? I just can't see Josephine Public buying such an acquired taste as Italian Post-Apocalyptic films. Mind you, Neil Marshall has recently made Doomsday so....

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 01:21 PM

They used to do well back in the video days certainly. It's worth taking the punt on rights Shameless own anyway - that way if they don't work out it's not a killer loss.

cloud 26th January 2009 01:29 PM

Fair do's then.

Would you ever look into releasing HONEYMOON HORROR? Now that's one film that does deserve a DVD release.

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 01:30 PM

An excellent reminder - it's actually one of the fan arts I printed off at a meeting ages back when I was boring everyone to tears with thoughts on packaging. In terms of art half (if not more) of the appeal of the films was down to the mad artwork - I think that would be key here.

Almar@Cult Labs 26th January 2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 21024)
Fair do's then.

Would you ever look into releasing HONEYMOON HORROR? Now that's one film that does deserve a DVD release.

Shameless looks at piles of stuff but it's all down to moolah and with the horrible exchange rate, scary times at retailers etc it's all about staying alive for the moment so it makes sense to be clever with existing rights and see if there's something you guys think we could do with them that you'd actually want to own.