Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Films I would love to see released by Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/793-films-i-would-love-see-released-shameless.html)

vipco 13th December 2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 18978)
In spite of the unpleasant animal cruelty, Ferox and Holocaust need to be seen in their uncut entirety for the full, visceral impact. Especially Holocaust, as it's an indictment of the mondo craze and irresponsible reporting that Deodato was commenting on. Maybe a misguided way to do it, but it's what's made the film so notorious. The first time I saw Cannibal Holocaust, it left a HUGE impression on me and was not easily forgotten. It impacted me in a way no other film ever has - it is a haunting and cruelly beautiful film, in spite of much of the on-screen unpleasantness. I don't agree with harming animals, but Holocaust is what it is. A film of its time when filmmakers and audiences had different attitudes - it was a time when Mondo was very popular. Thankfully we live in different times and filmmakers (for the most part) no longer use such methods to shock audiences.

Very well said D.
I fully agree with everything you say.

Uncut is the best way by far to watch these movies but not everyone like ourselves have uncut discs and buy strightly from the high street.
It would imho be a shame that these films remain kept from UK shelves .
The only option is to track down a 2nd hand copy of the Heavily Cut VIPCO releases and they sell for 20 quid now a days.

I watch all my Cannibal films in uncut DVD form but I would hate to see such a classic film as FEROX disappear from the UK market with only the former VIPCO releases to show they ever existed.

A Extreme version of FEROX , WideScreen, cleaned up and digitalally Remastered , in 5.1 sound would be a fitting tribute for the UK collector and DVD buying public, as this title has massive cross over potential .

Almar@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 01:17 PM

Holocaust is not as yet available but next year the rights will come up. This could be a title for Shameless but I know the asking price will be steep and now with the pound practically only buying a Euro it could be tough. I'm sure someone else will pick it up though - it could certainly get through far more uncut than the old verison.

Pete 15th December 2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless (Post 19028)
Holocaust is not as yet available but next year the rights will come up. This could be a title for Shameless but I know the asking price will be steep and now with the pound practically only buying a Euro it could be tough. I'm sure someone else will pick it up though - it could certainly get through far more uncut than the old verison.

Someone should submit the alternate clothed version mentioned on the R1 DVD. I dont think the BBFC would cut the rape scenes if they were clothed.

Almar@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 01:43 PM

Or we could issue the DVD with a little clothes outfit to protect its modesty!

Angel 15th December 2008 02:14 PM

Most of the sexual violence in Cannibal Holocaust that was previously cut could easily pass now anway.

bedorca 15th December 2008 07:05 PM

How about Le Orme? :)

<Sorry couldn't resist>

Almar@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 07:34 PM

I suspect your wish may come true!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 07:52 PM

Night of the Demon?:p

Almar@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 08:20 PM

Yeah - not much luck with that one as you might now be gathering!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th December 2008 08:20 PM

Awwwww......:(:jest: