Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2009, 11:08 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Nah not the best - thanks for asking - some kind of inner ear infection which is affecting my balance - just feel queasy all the time - or maybe it's all these crazy films!
Old 8th October 2009, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Probably all these films.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 8th October 2009, 07:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Nah not the best - thanks for asking - some kind of inner ear infection which is affecting my balance - just feel queasy all the time - or maybe it's all these crazy films!
Been watching the Brain Damage range Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:47 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No comment!
Old 9th October 2009, 12:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Maybe Ratman crawled into your ear and geve you that infection.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 10th October 2009, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I didn't get into collecting Shameless dvds when I saw that NYR was cut but being the completist that I am,I eventually got it,put it in a 2 disc yellow case,bought the Anchor Bay uncut region 1 dvd and put that in the case
Good idea and i'm something of a completist also. Although i must admit i'm trying to kick the habit!

I generally never buy cut DVDs unless there's absolutely no other version out there.
Then and only then will i relent. This is the only reason i passed on the Shameless TNYR as i already own the Italian Shock, ABUS and AWE releases. I also reckon that the U.K. edition, although snipped probably boasts better PQ than the original U.S. DVD as this issue looks pretty lousy imo.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new sp. ed. BU Blu-Ray and DVD versions of Fulci's sleazy slasher!
Old 10th October 2009, 10:24 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I'll pick up the Blu-ray as well,and from all the reviews I've read,it looks great
Old 10th October 2009, 10:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Thats were i first saw BF and it was just awful and not in a shocking way. Just really bad.
I couldn't agree more.

I fancied seeing BF after Chas. Balun gave the film a glowing review in one his books.
Some time later in the mid-'90s i managed to catch a bootleg copy taken from an uncut Australian VHS release. I wish i'd never bothered and i just don't know what Balun saw in BF that made him take such a liking to the movie.

Although i must admit the 'death-by-Ballarena-kick' scene was quite a novelty!

Nothing else though!
Old 11th October 2009, 08:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Little tiny bit off topic but DVDBEAVER have a review of The new Blue Underground blu-ray Of New York Ripper including a screencap comparison with the Anchor Bay dvd.My god it looks fantastic

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...er_blu-ray.htm
Old 11th October 2009, 08:25 PM
Cultist

I have a suggestion for a release... Chatterbox. It was a 1970s softcore exploitation comedy about a woman with a talking vagina. Was directed by Tom DeSimone (Hell Night). Is really hard to get hold of now, VHS occasionally appears on eBay for ridiculous prices.

Like this? Share it using the links below!