Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2010, 04:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

WTF!!??

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th July 2010, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
WTF!!??
It's Enzo Castellari's The Shark Hunter.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 6th July 2010, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

What an odd looking film! Not sure I get it!! Nice to see him fighting with a very harmless sand tiger shark though!

Ooh that reminds me, how about the old Lee Majors movie ... Killerfish??
Old 14th July 2010, 11:50 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Spider labyrinth!!!

I will still holler till the world ends for a shameless release of this gem - still criminally only available on bootleg lift of a Japanese VHS! IT is a wonderul lost film!

Old 14th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock Mooney View Post
I will still holler till the world ends for a shameless release of this gem - still criminally only available on bootleg lift of a Japanese VHS! IT is a wonderul lost film!

That looks fantastic Jock, seems like it would be exactly the sort of thing shameless should be releasing. The bit where the spider goes into the cut on the arm is extremely freaky.
Old 14th July 2010, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
I would love to see MICROWAVE MASSACRE and ALIEN TERROR get a Shameless release, these are certainly two titles that have long been overdue for a dvd incarnation... how about it
Microwave Massacre had a R1 DVD release. I've got it but not got round to watching yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microwave-Ma...9126121&sr=1-1

Bit pricey these days, though. I paid about £3 for it brand new.
Old 14th July 2010, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock Mooney View Post
What the .....!!! Mates of mine were talking about this film yonks ago and I never got chance to see it .. never really had chance of a decent "copy" of it on ye olde VHS! It looks bonkers mad!! I for one would buy this!

Old 14th July 2010, 08:23 PM
Cultist in Training

I am watching it as I type...well it is paused.

I FORGOT HOW ****ING GREAT IT REALLY IS!

No joke - this watches like an unofficial follow up to 'Inferno' by Argento, with strong (funnily enough) glimpses of 'Suspiria' too. Given how RUBBISH and too late in the making the official third film, Mother of Tears, is - I'll take this anyday.

Obvious Argento "homages" aside, and let's face it - technically any giallo sort of owes something to Argento -this film stands alone in it's own right with wonderful cinematography, a wonderful odd atmosphere and yes...some ridiculous animated spiders in parts.

It is AMAZING and watching a poor quality (though better than nothing) transcribe from VHS just won't do. Shameless - if you've released 'Le Orme / Footprints', which took guts, release this! It is far less obscure and surely a worldwide chunk of people would buy a Region 0 release as this is still FOR SOME STUPID REASON a DVD virgin!

Sort it out!
Old 15th July 2010, 12:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I must confess, Jock, it does look amazing. More surprising is that I've never heard of it! I'd buy it. So come on, Shameless, how about it? It would certainly be a world first.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:20 AM
Cultist in Training

The ending is pretty neat as well. It is defo under 90 minutes, so nice and to the point. It did clearly have a good budget though, as there are some crane camera angles and things like that as well as arial shots - it is a very memorable film, certainly superior to "rat man" or "phantom of death"...no offence! Actually, full offence - come on chaps - look into the rights for this goldmine!

Like this? Share it using the links below!