Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2008, 05:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default A few suggestions

Here's a few suggestions,what's all your thoughts?

ABSURD
BLOOD RITES MILLIGAN
COMMUNION AKA ALICE SWEET ALICE AKA HOLY TERROR
DEATH WEEKEND FRUET
DEMENTED WATERS
THE DEVIL HUNTER (Franco always sells well apparently)
NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES REED
Old 8th February 2008, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love to see Death Weekend being released here. It's incredible that it has never been released on video here since the VRA.
Old 9th February 2008, 02:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Deported Women of the SS Special Section - If SS Experiment Camp can get a release, this should pass
Diary of a Cloistered Nun - Was released by Redemption on VHS but was cut
Expose - This NEEDS to be released. I read Synapse or BU were going to put it out last year but nothing has turned up yet
The Amazing Mr No Legs - Exploitation par excellance
Bloody Moon - One of Franco's finest. This movie deserves to be given a definitive version. All existing releases are either cut or of piss-poor quality.

That's just a couple off the top of my head, but there are many hundreds more movies that are now all but lost. British cinema in the late 60's and early 70's was chock full of our own home grown exploitation pot boilers. Titles like Baby Love with Linda Hayden and Diana Dors have been unavailable for years except in bootleg form. How about a Mary Millington boxset? What is out is in awful condition but it still sells. A restored set of movies would be an absolute cash cow, as her name is known worldwide. Same with the Confessions films and other Askwith titles like Four Dimensions of Greta ( available from Redemption, but the image is truly abysmal )or Horror Hospital.

Concentrating on Euro films is all well and good, but there's so much quality Brit stuff that's languishing in limbo that could be brought to a new audience.

Sorry if this appears to have descended into a rant but our own exploitation heritage has been neglected for far too long and someone somewhere needs to start taking note before it's lost forever.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 9th February 2008, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A UK company had bought the rights to Deported Women back in 2003 along with Gestapo's Last Orgy but the message from the BBFC was that a submission would probably be a waste of time.

Mind you this was the same year they passed Cat in the Brain uncut.
Old 9th February 2008, 07:16 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Good point about UK exploitation and I'm a bit of a Mary Millington fan myself but tracking the rights down is another matter. That said Italy is hardly easy either!

What is becoming of concenr is the recent newspaper outrage over sad old films resurfacing as something that's about to turn our youth into maniacs - because yeah they'll all want to watch some naff old DVD instead of play a video game! Anyway the adage that all publicity is good publicity has changed. The days when a news paper outrage provoked higher sales of the title in question are gone. Now everyone is so hell bent on being family friendly that it's been made clear that any such titles getting into the papers just won't be stocked.

Interesting times to be Shameless for sure!
Old 10th February 2008, 08:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Some very good suggestions on this thread.
I'd love to see a couple more Fulci's, including The Devil's Honey and Beatrice Cenci. Not viewed either of them since those heady days of trading 3rd gen videotapes. Also be nice if we could get City Of The Living Dead in all its gory glory, as I've yet to see a really stand-out release for this film.

http://wwwthelastpictureshow.blogspot.com/
Old 11th February 2008, 10:30 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I'd love to see a decent release of City of the Living Dead too. I'm not saying that it's Fulci's best film but it is perhaps my favourite thanks to the seriously claustrophobic atmosphere and of course the scalp-ripping.

Now just to test your love of Fulci and everyone else here - does anyone want to see Murder Rock brought out?
Old 11th February 2008, 04:16 PM
Active Cultist

I already have the US Murder-Rock - it's a pretty piss-poor film.
Old 11th February 2008, 04:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Yeah well that's taken as read - it is piss poor although quite fun with it - really what I'm wondering is just how far will people go to complete their Fulci collections?

So you won't be buying one then? Would you work on the release for my amusement?
Old 11th February 2008, 04:37 PM
Active Cultist

Depends what you want done - any ideas?

Like this? Share it using the links below!