Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Black Cobra Trilogy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/8678-black-cobra-trilogy.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 11th May 2012 11:05 AM

Black Cobra Trilogy

I saw these on the Mill Creek Martial Arts collection, but why don't Shameless release the BLACK COBRA TRILOGY as decent prints, im sure Fred Williamson fans would buy these low budget action classics

Pete 11th May 2012 07:51 PM

There is also a 4th movie 'directed' by Umberto Lenzi but is mostly made up of footage from the previous films.

They were released over here by Elstree Hill (the first was also put out by GMVS) and the prints all look like shit.

Nordicdusk 11th May 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 241105)
There is also a 4th movie 'directed' by Umberto Lenzi but is mostly made up of footage from the previous films.

They were released over here by Elstree Hill (the first was also put out by GMVS) and the prints all look like shit.

The versions i have are such bad quality id love to see them cleaned up.

Pete 11th May 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 241108)
The versions i have are such bad quality id love to see them cleaned up.

I got rid as they were almost unwatchable. They are a staple of dodgy bootleg dvd sets and I suspect that's the reason why no-one has bothered to put out proper remastered editions. Part 4 is out in Italy but doesn't have any English options.

Hawkmonger 11th May 2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 241105)

Like Carnosaur 4?

Scyther 11th May 2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 241113)
I got rid as they were almost unwatchable. They are a staple of dodgy bootleg dvd sets and I suspect that's the reason why no-one has bothered to put out proper remastered editions. Part 4 is out in Italy but doesn't have any English options.

Pt. 4 (Detective Malone) is also supposed to consist of primarily stock footage from the earlier films, with very little involvement from Williamson, if I recall correctly? I believe they might have even used a cardboard cut out of The Hammer in that one. :lol:

Pete 11th May 2012 09:49 PM

I read an interview with him where said he didn't know anything about it until someone walked up to him at a film market and said 'I just bought BC 4 and it's shit. A terrible movie' Fred then said he had no idea what he was talking about and did some digging and found out the producer had thrown scenes from the first three together and shot a bit new stuff with uknown actors.

He said he tried to sue everyone involved but no one in Italy could give a shit.

Pete 11th May 2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 241145)
Like Carnosaur 4?

Don't know mate - I've not seen any of the CARNOSAUR films.

Gojirosan 11th May 2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 241178)
Don't know mate - I've not seen any of the CARNOSAUR films.

Me neither, unbelievably!

I didn't realise that the middle two Black Cobra flicks were directed by Antonion Margheriti's son!

Pete 11th May 2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 241179)
Me neither, unbelievably!

I didn't realise that the middle two Black Cobra flicks were directed by Antonion Margheriti's son!

Yup. He also acted a lot for his father, too. (you probably already knew that :))

In an interview with Video World David Warbeck said when they were filming ARK OF THE SUN GOD the extras wouldn't move so Margheriti's son walked up a camel and punched it in the jaw and knocked it out. Once the extras saw him to that they all jumped in to gear.

Poor camel!