Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2008, 03:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Zeder?

sorry if this has been covered before - this is my first post

The House of Laughing Windows

is my favourite Giallo and i was lucky enough to see its 35mm release last year.
if you haven't seen it please do so - it is a superior example of the genre imho!

anyway, Pupi Avati made another horror in the 80s called Zeder and I havent been able to track it down.

I dont know who has the rights but there seems to be a few copies on amazon starting at about £30. this could be an amazing addition to the shameless catalogue.

anyone seen it or have any info?
Old 18th December 2008, 05:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Theres a r1 dvd of zeder under the title revenge of the dead kicking about on amazon for 7-8 quid. Think its a bootleg though.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have the Image US disc of this ( which wasn't a bootleg! ) which was released years ago. It's a good film which I really should rewatch sometime soon. Very atmospheric and creepy in places.

However it is full frame and certainly not up to the quality of today's discs. I agree - an upgraded version would make for a great Shameless title. Good suggestion
Old 18th December 2008, 08:34 PM
Cultist in Training

Hi Lex,

I also like Avati's Laughing Windows. The more I see it, the more it fascinate me.

Zeder is available in an English Friendly DVD edition (20th Century Fox) here:

http://www.bloodbuster.com/index.php...idprodotto=664

http://www.thrauma.it/dettaglio.php?dettaglio=dvd&id=7

it'll cost you 20 euros.

Cheers.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I have the Image US disc of this ( which wasn't a bootleg! ) which was released years ago. It's a good film which I really should rewatch sometime soon. Very atmospheric and creepy in places.

However it is full frame and certainly not up to the quality of today's discs. I agree - an upgraded version would make for a great Shameless title. Good suggestion
So the image release is going under the title of revenge of the dead? If so, i may be tempted on this,as i aint seen it and avati's house with laughing windows was superb.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:00 PM
Cult Rookie

thank you all for your swift replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarith View Post

Zeder is available in an English Friendly DVD edition (20th Century Fox) here:

http://www.bloodbuster.com/index.php...idprodotto=664

http://www.thrauma.it/dettaglio.php?dettaglio=dvd&id=7

it'll cost you 20 euros.

Cheers.

this is great news. if only i had ordered last year when the exhange rate was better! i should have known to check italy because i picked up fellini's cabiria on holiday in rome last year which bizarrely is not sold in the uk.

thanks again, will order it soon
Old 18th December 2008, 09:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
So the image release is going under the title of revenge of the dead? If so, i may be tempted on this,as i aint seen it and avati's house with laughing windows was superb.
The Image release was under the Zeder title ( in one of those horrible 'snapper' cases )
Old 19th December 2008, 03:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
The Image release was under the Zeder title ( in one of those horrible 'snapper' cases )
Thats probably the one going for silly money on amazon then.
Old 21st December 2008, 01:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Zeder is a good film - I like it anyway and an ideal candidate for a Shameless release. Could I also nominate another of Avati's hard-to-find titles in the shape of The Arcane Enchanter? I'm sure Shameless would sell a pile of those, as it's had such a scant release and is hard to get hold of.
Old 25th January 2009, 11:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have the old Image release of Zeder. I believe there is an Italian release of it on DVD and It's widesceen. It's a good film with plenty of atmosphere.

I picked up the UK DVD of The House of Laughing Windows. The picture quality is OK, but it's a bare bones disc with zero extras.

Like this? Share it using the links below!