Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2012, 02:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Default All The Colours Of The Dark

This would be a good one for Shameless to release, stars Edwige Fenech and directed by Sergio Martino, who could resist this one
Old 30th May 2012, 02:59 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
This would be a good one for Shameless to release, stars Edwige Fenech and directed by Sergio Martino, who could resist this one
i haven't seen this giallo for some time
saw it one of the many Italian trailers on my house by the cemetery bd/dvd yesterday

and you spelt it correctly!
if shameless ever do release this film. please could they put the U in colours?!

after all they do have the US dates of threads etc and not British!
why?
Old 30th May 2012, 03:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
and you spelt it correctly!
if shameless ever do release this film. please could they put the U in colours?!
Except that that would actually be incorrect.

All The Colors Of The Dark is the US title and what you will see on any US print. Thus it should be spelt in the American manner. It's not actually a mistake, it's just how it was spelt - correctly - on that release of the film. So far as I am aware there has never been a release bearing the title "All The Colours Of The Dark".

At least, that's what I - and most film texts - reckon. It's the convention. Dennis Hopper's film Colors was not retitled for the UK market.

There is more leeway when adding subtitles - there was a UK release of Three Colours: Blue for example.
Pete likes this.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:16 PM
Cult Rookie

I suppose if i'd spelt it correctly i'd be writing it in Italian, in any case these films go by multiple titles anyway and fans will know what film i'm talking about and under any title i'd like to see shameless release it.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
I suppose if i'd spelt it correctly i'd be writing it in Italian, in any case these films go by multiple titles anyway and fans will know what film i'm talking about and under any title i'd like to see shameless release it.
Just to point out -I have no issue with how you spelt it here at all.

But the film geek in me would be a little peeved if the spelling was changed on the sleeve of a release...

...for about five minutes.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:27 PM
Ex-member

[QUOTE=Gojirosan;246270]Except that that would actually be incorrect.

All The Colors Of The Dark is the US title and what you will see on any US print. Thus it should be spelt in the American manner. It's not actually a mistake, it's just how it was spelt - correctly - on that release of the film. So far as I am aware there has never been a release bearing the title "All The Colours Of The Dark".

I'm not saying specifically change title in English (?) on the film title as when shown
but if ever released on dvd in UK, then Colours on cover/disc
I know this film has many monikers
Old 30th May 2012, 03:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Mind you, I do wish Redemption had spelt it Tender And Pervers Emanuelle on their VHS, as that's what it said on the print. And it would have been funny.

However, back to Tutti i colori del buio (), it's a great film and though there is a very decent Shriek Show disk, I think it would be a perfect Shameless release.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

[QUOTE=James Morton;246274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Except that that would actually be incorrect.

I'm not saying specifically change title in English (?) on the film title as when shown
but if ever released on dvd in UK, then Colours on cover/disc
I know this film has many monikers
Yeah, but I think the sleeve and posters should reflect the print title. But ultimately it would do no harm to add a "u" on publicity or a DVD cover.
Old 30th May 2012, 03:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Mind you, I do wish Redemption had spelt it Tender And Pervers Emanuelle on their VHS, as that's what it said on the print. And it would have been funny.

However, back to Tutti i colori del buio (), it's a great film and though there is a very decent Shriek Show disk, I think it would be a perfect Shameless release.
The Shriek Show disc is unfortunately an interlaced transfer and Shameless could and would make a progressive transfer.
Old 30th May 2012, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wouldn't care if was re titled ALL DA COLORZ OV DA DARK so long as it got a bd release!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!