Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All The Colours Of The Dark (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/8814-all-colours-dark.html)

robw285 30th May 2012 02:42 PM

All The Colours Of The Dark

This would be a good one for Shameless to release, stars Edwige Fenech and directed by Sergio Martino, who could resist this one

James Morton 30th May 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw285 (Post 246263)
This would be a good one for Shameless to release, stars Edwige Fenech and directed by Sergio Martino, who could resist this one

i haven't seen this giallo for some time
saw it one of the many Italian trailers on my house by the cemetery bd/dvd yesterday

and you spelt it correctly!
if shameless ever do release this film. please could they put the U in colours?!

after all they do have the US dates of threads etc and not British!:crazy:
why?:doh:

Gojirosan 30th May 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 246267)
and you spelt it correctly!
if shameless ever do release this film. please could they put the U in colours?!

Except that that would actually be incorrect.

All The Colors Of The Dark is the US title and what you will see on any US print. Thus it should be spelt in the American manner. It's not actually a mistake, it's just how it was spelt - correctly - on that release of the film. So far as I am aware there has never been a release bearing the title "All The Colours Of The Dark".

At least, that's what I - and most film texts - reckon. It's the convention. Dennis Hopper's film Colors was not retitled for the UK market.

There is more leeway when adding subtitles - there was a UK release of Three Colours: Blue for example.

robw285 30th May 2012 03:16 PM

I suppose if i'd spelt it correctly i'd be writing it in Italian, in any case these films go by multiple titles anyway and fans will know what film i'm talking about and under any title i'd like to see shameless release it.

Gojirosan 30th May 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw285 (Post 246271)
I suppose if i'd spelt it correctly i'd be writing it in Italian, in any case these films go by multiple titles anyway and fans will know what film i'm talking about and under any title i'd like to see shameless release it.

Just to point out -I have no issue with how you spelt it here at all.

But the film geek in me would be a little peeved if the spelling was changed on the sleeve of a release...

...for about five minutes.:lol:

James Morton 30th May 2012 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Gojirosan;246270]Except that that would actually be incorrect.

All The Colors Of The Dark is the US title and what you will see on any US print. Thus it should be spelt in the American manner. It's not actually a mistake, it's just how it was spelt - correctly - on that release of the film. So far as I am aware there has never been a release bearing the title "All The Colours Of The Dark".

I'm not saying specifically change title in English (?) on the film title as when shown
but if ever released on dvd in UK, then Colours on cover/disc
I know this film has many monikers

Gojirosan 30th May 2012 03:29 PM

Mind you, I do wish Redemption had spelt it Tender And Pervers Emanuelle on their VHS, as that's what it said on the print. And it would have been funny.

However, back to Tutti i colori del buio (;):lol:), it's a great film and though there is a very decent Shriek Show disk, I think it would be a perfect Shameless release.

Gojirosan 30th May 2012 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=James Morton;246274]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 246270)
Except that that would actually be incorrect.

I'm not saying specifically change title in English (?) on the film title as when shown
but if ever released on dvd in UK, then Colours on cover/disc
I know this film has many monikers

Yeah, but I think the sleeve and posters should reflect the print title. But ultimately it would do no harm to add a "u" on publicity or a DVD cover.

robw285 30th May 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 246275)
Mind you, I do wish Redemption had spelt it Tender And Pervers Emanuelle on their VHS, as that's what it said on the print. And it would have been funny.

However, back to Tutti i colori del buio (;):lol:), it's a great film and though there is a very decent Shriek Show disk, I think it would be a perfect Shameless release.

The Shriek Show disc is unfortunately an interlaced transfer and Shameless could and would make a progressive transfer.

Pete 30th May 2012 04:37 PM

Wouldn't care if was re titled ALL DA COLORZ OV DA DARK so long as it got a bd release!

Paul@TheOverlook 30th May 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 246290)
Wouldn't care if was re titled ALL DA COLORZ OV DA DARK so long as it got a bd release!

Is that the Blaxpoitation version? :D

Count me as another fan of this one, it's great. I know where the exterior of her apartment block was filmed, it's in Putney ;)

ReturnToZero 30th May 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 246290)

Agreed. A new DVD release is unacceptable. This beautiful film needs a HD treatment so all the eye candy will be brought to a new light :nod:

madeleymade 2nd June 2012 02:13 PM

A special Message

I want this film on DVD. I want this film on DVD. Please? I'm sixteen years old and suffering from an incurable disease. It's my dying wish to see this given the uk dvD treatment. How gawjus Edwige is.

the blob 2nd June 2012 02:26 PM

I would love a BD of this personally. Great film. My DVD has also recently developed some kind of weird residue looking effect to it. It still plays absolutely fine but I'm concerned it'll end up being a Shriek Show coaster so the sooner the better. :)

Beyond72 2nd June 2012 05:16 PM

I've seen better, but it does have Edwige, who makes anything watchable.

Mojo 2nd June 2012 06:29 PM

Love it! BD please! :nod:

Hawkmonger 2nd June 2012 07:48 PM

Abso-****ing-lutely! Along with Susperia there are fewer Italien movie's that desserve the BD treatment.

Beyond72 2nd June 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 247352)
Abso-****ing-lutely! Along with Susperia there are fewer Italien movie's that desserve the BD treatment.

The Red Queen (Who killed 7 times) disagrees with you. :tongue1:

Crimson Blade 2nd June 2012 08:58 PM

I'd upgrade this and every Edwige DVD i own if they came out on Blu-ray! ;)

Daemonia 3rd June 2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 247354)
The Red Queen (Who killed 7 times) disagrees with you. :tongue1:

I found that terminally dull and couldn't get into it. All the Colors of the Dark is undoubtedly the better film.

Delirium 3rd June 2012 12:17 PM

I'm another huge fan of All the Colors of the Dark. Actually met Sergio Martino the other day at the Cine Excess festival and got some bits signed.

And the pub that Edwige drinks in at the end is one I occasionally frequent.

Beyond72 3rd June 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 247420)
I found that terminally dull and couldn't get into it. All the Colors of the Dark is undoubtedly the better film.

If you say so. ;)

skankenstoned 5th June 2012 08:30 PM

I started to watch ATCOTD online earlier and the first thought that came into my head (after seeing the names Martino, Hilton and Fenech) was why the hell has taken Shameless so long to add this to the collection? DVD please, Blu for those who have it but DVD for me :)

Pete 5th June 2012 08:33 PM

BD and DVD. That way everyone is happy. :)

madeleymade 7th June 2012 09:43 AM

yES, RELEASE IT, I'll be dead with the knowledge it'll be releeassed.

Daemonia 7th June 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 247514)
If you say so. ;)

I do. And I'm always right. :lol:

To be fair, I've only seen Red Queen once so far, and I usually have to give films like that a couple of goes before I properly get into them. But at present I rate All the Colors of the Dark as the better film.

Beyond72 7th June 2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 248366)

To be fair, I've only seen Red Queen once so far, and I usually have to give films like that a couple of goes before I properly get into them. But at present I rate All the Colors of the Dark as the better film.

Each to their own and all that, I own both, and I'll be re-watching Red Queen way more times than Colors of the Dark. Cool title mind.

ReturnToZero 7th June 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 248366)

Not this time, bitch :happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th June 2012 04:27 PM

I slightly prefer Red Queen to ATCOTD, but both are still great gialli.

Crimson Blade 7th June 2012 05:39 PM

I seriously regret not buying that Killer Queen Box Set when i had the chance.

Mojo 7th June 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 248487)
I seriously regret not buying that Killer Queen Box Set when i had the chance.

I couldn't wait to watch The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave, but I must admit I preferred The Red Queen Kills Seven Times.

Pete 7th June 2012 07:40 PM

I didn't like either of them.

Mojo 7th June 2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 248537)
I didn't like either of them.

:D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th June 2012 01:23 PM

I just couldn't resist....

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...ff/atcotd1.jpg http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m.../atcotd2-1.jpg

Gojirosan 9th June 2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 249163)

That was clearly meant to be.

madeleymade 9th June 2012 04:07 PM

Oh, it looks so good, when's the date again? or am I dreaming?

Hawkmonger 9th June 2012 04:14 PM

Permision to make that my Avatar, sir! :clap:
That's just meant to be, a match made in heaven!

PaulD 9th June 2012 04:21 PM

That's awesome Kyle! Both art options look fantastic (especially that second one!). I know it would attract sneering from the "Well I imported that ages ago so meh!" crowd (who forget that a lot of people, who aren't necessarily genre fans, do their dvd shopping on the high street) but I would love it if Shameless were to release this, even though I do already own the Shriek Show version.

ReturnToZero 10th June 2012 04:20 PM

http://harddrivedvdrecordertech.co.u...u_ray_logo.jpg

madeleymade 11th June 2012 10:32 AM

I found a copy. I liked it. I thought the London setting suited it well, and Ivan Rassimov (previously known to me as Darth Vader's Italian stepbrother Lord Graal in the Humanoid) was a suitably sinister killer. Fenech looked bloody good, but it did seem to be full of celebrity lookalikes.
Julian Ugarte a bit like Peter O'Toole
And having seen Jorge Rigaud embedded to my brain as the elderly Count in Horror Express, I was amazed by his resemblance to Wilfrid Hyde-White in this little pic.
There were some weaknesses, personally the fat Alsatian guard dogs look too much like my own pets. Not a typical giallo but a fine piece of epxloitation filmmaking and with an excellent Bruno Nicolai score