Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   THE OFFICIAL PLEASE RELEASE DEATH LAID AN EGG IMMEDIATELY THREAD! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/8941-official-please-release-death-laid-egg-immediately-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2012 03:02 PM

THE OFFICIAL PLEASE RELEASE DEATH LAID AN EGG IMMEDIATELY THREAD!

I noticed that there isn't enough mention of Death Laid an Egg on these forums, so thought a thread was in order! ;)

In all seriousness, this is a criminally overlooked giallo: mainly because it's so difficult to track down, but also because it blends the bizarre and the macabre very well: I'd go as far as saying it is one of my favourite gialli.

There used to be a Japanese DVD from King Records, but sadly it is long OOP.

A perfect film for Shameless to release, and one that would make many a giallo fan very happy indeed!

Share your love (or hate) of this ovulation-related thriller here!

Paul@TheOverlook 15th June 2012 03:16 PM

I've got the King Records DVD and its not great, either. I'd certainly welcome a nice, anamorphic rerelease :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2012 03:18 PM

I'd heard rumours that the Japanese DVD was pretty bad - all the more reason for a nice remastered UK release! :happy:

Slippery Jack 15th June 2012 03:31 PM

Never seen it. Got a copy of it somewhere though. Maybe I should check it out :loco: . . .

Gojirosan 15th June 2012 03:52 PM

Never heard of it...is it any good?

:tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 250526)
Never heard of it...is it any good?

:tongue1:

:D

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2012 04:01 PM

One of the legendary Giallo's and i've never seen it. :blush::(:mmph:

Hawkmonger 15th June 2012 04:14 PM

The movie is meh. It's in that starnge catagory of that only seem's to fit Giallo that I like but know aren't good but still find myself somewhat enjoying them. It's a queer thing, I can't think of anyother genre that make's me feel this way. I usualy either love a film or hate it. Or love hating it. Or hate loving it. Oh **** it.
Anyway, it would have to be DVD only for me. Even though I try to be a BD centric as possible these day's, DLaE just isn't worth the trouble.
Now Giallo A Venizia......

gag 15th June 2012 04:33 PM

watched this on line due to being mentioned here few times sorry but it didnt do anything for it kinda bored me...

Gojirosan 15th June 2012 05:28 PM

Gosh!

Even disregarding the giallo connection, I think it's one of the finest Italian films of its era. Amazing construction and beautifully shot. A marvellous, engrossing and inspiring film. Few gialli are better films, in my book. Few are even close, in fact.

Questi's genius mind and twisted eye does to the Giallo what it did to the Spaghetti Western with If You Live Shoot!, I reckon.