Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2012, 09:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I thought this was going to be one of those joke threads where people made up titles like Three Feathers on a Peacock's tail or something...
Pete, is Three Feathers on a Peacocks Tail any good?

Not seen it yet.

But it sounds like one bald peacock.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Pete, is Three Feathers on a Peacocks Tail any good?

Not seen it yet.

But it sounds like one bald peacock.
It's not as good as Death Lies On A Scorpion's Tongue.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I thought this was going to be one of those joke threads where people made up titles like Three Feathers on a Peacock's tail or something...
Like Death laid an Egg?
the blob likes this.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
or death laod an egg now if that doesnt sound like a made up name im not sure what is ....yes im aware its a film but doesnt sound real to be

Sorry didnt see post above
Old 17th June 2012, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

*EDIT* Just seen this has already been posted in another thread*

Quote:
It's not too late: Giallo Generator

Death is a Dark Figure with Bloodstained Lips

Directed by
Stefano Stefani

A frightned young student is found dead near the house of the village witch. A desperate photographer seems to know a little too much about the the murder; and after discovering an old painting, she finds herself faced with the decision to betray her own closest friend

Not currently available via Blue Underground, Shriek Show, Mondo Macabro or any of the other genre related US labels.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 17th June 2012, 10:32 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteriouskin_1971 View Post
I'd like to see these titles released on Shameless!

A Lizard In A Women's Skin
Optimum has already released a very nice UK dvd.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Isn't it for an August Moon? Saw it for the first time the other day. Thought it was boring as hell . . .
You're right on the film's correct title and even Bava himself admitted it was his weakest Giallo. Only worth watching for the celebrated 'glass balls-down-the-staircase' scene and a gyrating Edwige Fenech imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I'd be happy with anything not currently available via Blue Underground, Shriek Show, Mondo Macabro or any of the other genre related US labels.
Me too although i'm also happy to currently own some of the Giallo offerings issued on the above labels.
Old 20th August 2012, 07:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Giallo A Venizia or i'm on breathing strike!
I second this. Nasty little film.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:33 PM
Cult Rookie

I think Shameless should get their hands on as many gialli as possible because there's no better way to own them than in the awesome yellow Shameless packaging!!!

Here are some suggestions in particular and why I think they'd be good:

Seven Shauls of Yellow Silk (aka. Crimes of the Black Cat)
Because the only existing release is an Italian DVD which from what I can tell is a terrible release from a VHS transfer. The reversible cover could have Crimes Of The Black Cat on one side and Sette Scialli Di Seta Gialla on the other - as both are great titles!

Seven Notes in Black (aka. The Psychic)
Plenty of reasons this would be a perfect title to release. Firstly it's Fulci. And the US release through Severin is R1 only, has terrible artwork, and is under the crap title "The Psychic". So Shameless should definitely put out an R0 release with awesome artwork in the yellow case under the better title "Seven Notes In Black". I'd have the Seven Notes In Black/Sette Note In Nero title on both sides of the cover too so no matter which artwork option you choose to display, you still get the good title.

What Have You Done To Solange?
Both the Italian and US releases of this are currently out of print and go for a FORTUNE on Amazon & Ebay... And Shameless already has What Have They Done To Your Daughters, Massimo Dallamano's other "schoolgirl giallo". They would go nicely together as Shameless releases!

So Sweet... So Perverse
It's by Umberto Lenzi but the only release I know of at the moment isn't English friendly (Italian audio with no English subtitles).

Your Vice Is A Locked Room & Only I Have The Key
The No Shame release is out of print and sought after, it's a Sergio Martino classic, it would make a perfect Shameless release! And like with the Dallamano schoolgirl giallos, Shameless already has Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh so both of Sergio Martino's "Vice" giallos on Shameless would compliment each other nicely!

Virgin Killer (aka. Virgin Terror)
There's only a German release that I can't even find on Amazon, and an Italian release which isn't English friendly so it's not an easy film to buy at the moment. This could possibly also later be packaged with What Have You Done To Solange (if you get that) and What Have They Done To Your Daughters as a "Schoolgirl Giallo Boxset" or something! Also for cover art inspiration, the Australian VHS had a very cool picture!

Eyeball (aka. Red Cats In A Glass Maze)
Umberto Lenzi again. At the moment the best release is the German one I think... This is a highly regarded giallo and also lends itself perfectly to the reversible cover art with the alternate titles 'Eyeball' and 'Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro' (Red Cats In A Glass Maze).

That's just a few that stand out because of the possibilities with them or the status of the existing releases..

There's also a few gialli that have no DVD release I know of that could be good to look into, but I know very little about:
The Killer Without A Face
Amuck!
The Red Headed Corpse
Five Women For The Killer
The Killer Reserved Nine Seats
All The Screams of Silence

I'd suggest Giallo A Venezia but like has already been mentioned, I think the BBFC would cut it (as they did with New York Ripper) so I'd rather that be released unrated & uncut in the US if it gets a release.

I'd be happy for Shameless to release pretty much every giallo film it can get its hands on though, because like I said there's no better way to release them than in that awesome yellow packaging with reversible covers!

Something I'd suggest though is more releases with the option of both English audio and Italian audio with English subtitles where possible (like Don't Torture A Duckling has for example).
platostotal likes this.
Old 11th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepingTrent View Post

What Have You Done To Solange?
Both the Italian and US releases of this are currently out of print and go for a FORTUNE on Amazon & Ebay... And Shameless already has What Have They Done To Your Daughters, Massimo Dallamano's other "schoolgirl giallo". They would go nicely together as Shameless releases!
Is it wrong that bit of info has made my day?

Also don't get me wrong I think it's a great little film and a must for Shameless at some point, but I still get puzzled how popular it is, outside of hardcore gialli fans, it's one title that a lot of horror fans in general seem to know and love. Personally I think it's the Ennio Morricone score that takes it to another level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepingTrent View Post

Eyeball (aka. Red Cats In A Glass Maze)
Umberto Lenzi again. At the moment the best release is the German one I think... This is a highly regarded giallo and also lends itself perfectly to the reversible cover art with the alternate titles 'Eyeball' and 'Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro' (Red Cats In A Glass Maze).
Eyeball kind of disappointed me if I'm honest, but put the classic US poster on the front cover and watch it fly off the shelves!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eyeball_(1975).jpg (50.4 KB, 2 views)
Hawkmonger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!