Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2012, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Anthropophagus is a really boring film, never seen Absurd theres a version floating about called Horrible by Mya, meant to be crap also.
I've noticed Anthropophagus does divide fans opinions in that there are those who love it (like me) and those who think it's boring rubbish.There are quite a few who prefer the follow-up Absurd to Anthro too.I personally don't.I've got both flicks on DVD already, but I'd love to see them released uncut by Shameless.I'd definitely buy both.
Old 5th December 2012, 08:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

At this point can I just ask if anyone from the label actually hang around this forum ? Because I'm thinking MGM own Absurd and I imagine Shameless would not have the funds to license this title. It would be great if someone on the label came on just to tell me I'm dead wrong...
Old 10th December 2012, 11:11 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think both Anthro and Absurd are great films. I can understand, though, why Anthro might not appeal to some people. On the face of it not a lot happens, but I find the brooding atmosphere really menacing and the first reveal of the beast in the flashes of lightning are very effective and creepy. I like it a lot. Absurd is completely different and has faster pacing and more gore and grue and I like that too.

So yes, I'd buy both if Shameless (or even Arrow) put this pair out.
Old 10th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
At this point can I just ask if anyone from the label actually hang around this forum ? Because I'm thinking MGM own Absurd and I imagine Shameless would not have the funds to license this title. It would be great if someone on the label came on just to tell me I'm dead wrong...
I think I read somewhere that MGM hold the rights for these two. If there was a fitting label to release these it would be Shameless, although Second Sight have been churning out the MGM titles lately. I think these two would get through the BBFC unscathed these days as well, but they do seem to even now make baffling decisions.
Old 11th December 2012, 02:25 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo37 View Post
I think I read somewhere that MGM hold the rights for these two. If there was a fitting label to release these it would be Shameless, although Second Sight have been churning out the MGM titles lately. I think these two would get through the BBFC unscathed these days as well, but they do seem to even now make baffling decisions.
MGM hold the rights to the edited version entitled The Grim Reaper. This might actually be considered a completely different film to Anthropophagous. Not sure how copyright law would work in that regard.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:39 AM
Active Cultist

You also have to bear in mind that theres no guarantee that it would pass uncut, it should do as the scene in question looks plain silly but it may offend the censores due to bad taste.
Absurd would be the safer bet of the two.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
You also have to bear in mind that theres no guarantee that it would pass uncut, it should do as the scene in question looks plain silly but it may offend the censores due to bad taste.
Absurd would be the safer bet of the two.
The fetus-munching scene in Anthro may have trouble being passed completely uncut as the concept is highly offensive.The actual scene with its crude FX work is very phoney looking though.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'd have thought the fetus but would pass uncut easily to be honest. Doesn't seem to be in contravention of current BBFC policy. Bad taste isn't really an issue these days
Old 11th December 2012, 11:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

A few days ago I might have said that Anthropophagus would have sailed past the Board, but reading the article below I'm not so sure. In fact, I'm not so sure of a lot of films now...

BBFC tighten up policy on sexual violence
Old 11th December 2012, 11:24 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It's been a while since I saw it but its me exactly sexual violence is it? There's nothing sexualised in that scene at all is there?

Like this? Share it using the links below!