Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2013, 10:27 PM
Cult Rookie

I watched Anthrapaphagous back in the early days of VHS I can remember watching it with a couple of friends after my parents foolishly left it out and went shopping. I was about 10 and can remember crapping myself and the abortion scene stuck with me for quite some time, watched it recently with my wife and she was very unimpressed to say the least after I had bigged it up for the majority of the day. I still love it but must agree with the posts about the pacing being slow. Would still jump on a copy if it was released though and Absurd would be added without hesitation. I think Geoge Eastman is great anyway as I particularly enjoy the post Apoc stuff he was in.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadliest View Post
I watched Anthrapaphagous back in the early days of VHS I can remember watching it with a couple of friends after my parents foolishly left it out and went shopping. I was about 10 and can remember crapping myself and the abortion scene stuck with me for quite some time, watched it recently with my wife and she was very unimpressed to say the least after I had bigged it up for the majority of the day. I still love it but must agree with the posts about the pacing being slow. Would still jump on a copy if it was released though and Absurd would be added without hesitation. I think Geoge Eastman is great anyway as I particularly enjoy the post Apoc stuff he was in.
Most of these old Italian horror flicks don't work too well nowadays with a modern audience.One of the reasons I collect them is down to nostalgia, that, and the fact that I genuinely enjoy them.I can understand why your missus was unimpressed, especially when you compare Anthro to a big budget contemporary horror movie.I think if I watched Anthro now for the first time, I wouldn't think much of it either.I'd still like it to get an uncut UK release though.
Daemonia likes this.
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:39 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadliest View Post
I watched Anthrapaphagous back in the early days of VHS...and the abortion scene stuck with me for quite some time
That scene was real, you know. They actually ripped the foetus from the woman, and he actually ate it!

I know - I saw it on the BBC news at the time!!!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd January 2013, 07:38 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
That scene was real, you know. They actually ripped the foetus from the woman, and he actually ate it!

Only The Daily Mail tell's no lie's, love.

Old 16th February 2013, 01:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Understandably, Shameless would be reluctant to release Anthropohagus under the new BBFC guidelines. However, in light of Maniac (remake) and Boise-Moi getting through uncut... I think they should try to get this and Absurd released. There is no grounds on which the BBFC can demand cuts. Both would also sell very well.
Old 16th February 2013, 01:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Even with the new guidelines they still wouldn't cut them. I think it's just a case of Shameless making excuses so they don't have to bother with them.
Gothmogxx likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 17th February 2013, 04:01 PM
Ex-member

Doesn't seem like shameless is bothering with anything this year so far
Except planning to re-release stuff
Old 17th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Love this!
"EVIL"

However:
"The haul includes several "snuff" movies, in which actual murders are filmed"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evil.jpg (36.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 18th February 2013, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Love this!
"EVIL"

However:
"The haul includes several "snuff" movies, in which actual murders are filmed"
REAL MURDERS! And to think I never knew that I have a massive collection of snuff movies. Who'd have believed it?

Old 18th February 2013, 11:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
REAL MURDERS! And to think I never knew that I have a massive collection of snuff movies. Who'd have believed it?

GRAVE ROBBERS!

In the nasty "The Grim Reaper". One scene takes place in catacombs. While some of the heads and bones were plastic imitations. Upon collecting the bones after the scenes had been shot, the EVIL crew took with them some real bones!

Like this? Share it using the links below!