Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Cult Addict

Oh lordy!

DVD and BD collection
Old 8th December 2013, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This thread has been dormant since February. A reminder is in order

Come on Shameless, you know you want to
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th December 2013, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'd rather they didn't tbh, prefer a shitload of extras for these two, Shameless don't really have the funds for such extravagance in their releases, shame really (no pun intended) as they'd make great titles for them

Edit: Old age must be setting in, I've already said this on this very thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No offence to Shameless and the guys that work hard there, but I'd prefer them not to release this because I would want a multitude of extra features included and not just a few trailers that I always skip anyway
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th December 2013, 07:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'd rather they didn't tbh, prefer a shitload of extras for these two, Shameless don't really have the funds for such extravagance in their releases, shame really (no pun intended) as they'd make great titles for them

Edit: Old age must be setting in, I've already said this on this very thread
Yeah but if Shameless released them then you wouldn't have to pay for them.
Rik likes this.
Old 8th December 2013, 07:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Nah, I'd like to see Anthropophagous released (which would pass uncut now no problem, and it probably would have done already if the full version had been submitted before): but I've never rated it highly (because it mostly drags) and the actual filmic quality has always been ropy. Was it filmed in Super 8 blown up to 16mm? It would be better if some other company gave it a budget release, because a Shameless one would be full price and nothing could be done to improve the print. If they want to include it as a freebie though, with a release of Absurd, which I've not seen, then I will buy.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

I love Anthro! I'd definitely be up for a UK release of this, plus Absurd. It is kind of slow going, but I really enjoy the film's spooky atmosphere, the electronic score and George Eastman's cannibal character. It would be great to see some company (whether it be Shameless, Arrow, etc) produce extras for both movies. Nowadays, both films should sail through the BBFC fully uncut.
Gothmogxx and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 9th December 2013, 09:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I love Anthro! I'd definitely be up for a UK release of this, plus Absurd. It is kind of slow going, but I really enjoy the film's spooky atmosphere, the electronic score and George Eastman's cannibal character. It would be great to see some company (whether it be Shameless, Arrow, etc) produce extras for both movies. Nowadays, both films should sail through the BBFC fully uncut.

Yeah if anything the BBFC seem to hate more modern day horror movies these days than older ones like this. Besides like someone already said a few pages ago, the abortion scene in Cannibal Holocaust was passed uncut in 2011, which is much nastier than the one presented in Anthro. Also with the likes of Boise-Moi getting an uncut release, I can't see either one of these titles having any issues.
Old 9th December 2013, 10:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd definitely buy it!
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 9th December 2013, 11:39 AM
Cult Rookie

The foetus-munching scene might be problematic if it were in any way realistic and not obviously just thrown in as a sick joke. You can hardly see anything anyway because the print is so dark, but you can still tell the actor is trying to chew on a skinned rabbit.

I still remember watching that film for the first time on a bootleg video and pissing myself laughing at the bit where the 'beast', which is just a guy with bad skin, attempts to eat its own intestines, dies, then falls flat on its face in its own guts. It's one of the funniest gore scenes outside of Night of the Demon. For that, it's at least a movie everybody has to see.
Old 31st January 2014, 09:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Come on Shameless!

please!

Like this? Share it using the links below!