Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anthropophagus the beast And Absurd 2 disc boxset (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/8951-anthropophagus-beast-absurd-2-disc-boxset.html)

Gothmogxx 16th June 2012 07:46 PM

Anthropophagus the beast And Absurd 2 disc boxset

I know a few similar threads have already been posted regarding Anthropophagus And Absurd, but I would like to see both of these films given a Shameless make-over on a two disc boxset:pop2::pop2::pop2:.

Vampix 16th June 2012 08:12 PM

Whether packaged together or separately, I'd like to see both released by Shameless, especially Anthropophagus.I'm sure they would pass uncut nowadays.I've currently got the Shriek Show 2-DVD set of Anthro and mya's Absurd DVD.

Koukol 25th June 2012 12:45 AM

I have the Shreik Show DVD as well.
What would be great is having a BD release like the German DVD set which includes the Italian music AND the American music (something the SS doesn't have)

GangsterQ 28th June 2012 02:53 PM

The shriek show Anthropophagous dvd is great, so a new release would not be necessary for me. However it will be interesting to see how the cover artwork turns out.

As for Absurd: yeah it was released by Mya, so you know what to expect. The pic quality was not bad though (except for the inserted footage of horrible quality). I don't know a lot about this movie, but I doubt Shameless can get it much better (though I would hope so), unless another source was used than mya did, esp talking about the inserts.

Anyway, for people who don't even know "Anthropophagous" yet, I think it is a good idea. With 'Absurd' added, you get a nice combo and the package could look very nice. A Blu-Ray release would be so much better though.

saw 30th June 2012 08:52 AM

I think MGM might own the UK rights to these films. Shameless would have to sub-license them, which may be prohibitive cost-wise.

Decent films though, and "Anthropophagus" could do with an upgrade from the dodgy SS and Astro transfers.

I'm surprised "Absurd" hasn't had a decent release in France, where it was a box office hit theatrically.

Splatterdragon73 5th July 2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saw (Post 254243)
I think MGM might own the UK rights to these films. Shameless would have to sub-license them, which may be prohibitive cost-wise.

I'm guessing Second Sight may be liasing with MGM, what with the former company recently releasing an improved ROTLD in the U.K. and also From Beyond in the pipeline on the same label. Both of these titles issued by MGM in The States. So, maybe Joe D'Amato's carnage-crammed capers could find a British lease of life via SS if Shameless can't work their magic.:)

Gothmogxx 27th September 2012 02:55 PM

Just to bring this thread back to attention... WE NEED THESE MOVIES SHAMELESS!

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 276169)
Just to bring this thread back to attention... WE NEED THESE MOVIES SHAMELESS!

The Shriek Show release would still be the one to have as Shameless don't really do extras.

Rik 27th September 2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 276185)
The Shriek Show release would still be the one to have as Shameless don't really do extras.

Or decent artwork these days :rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 276188)
Or decent artwork these days :rolleyes:

:lol: