Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Anthropophagus the beast And Absurd 2 disc boxset

I know a few similar threads have already been posted regarding Anthropophagus And Absurd, but I would like to see both of these films given a Shameless make-over on a two disc boxset.
Rik, Steel76 and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 16th June 2012, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Whether packaged together or separately, I'd like to see both released by Shameless, especially Anthropophagus.I'm sure they would pass uncut nowadays.I've currently got the Shriek Show 2-DVD set of Anthro and mya's Absurd DVD.
Steel76 and Gothmogxx like this.
Old 25th June 2012, 12:45 AM
Cultist in Training

I have the Shreik Show DVD as well.
What would be great is having a BD release like the German DVD set which includes the Italian music AND the American music (something the SS doesn't have)
Steel76, deckday and Gothmogxx like this.
Old 28th June 2012, 02:53 PM
Ex-member

The shriek show Anthropophagous dvd is great, so a new release would not be necessary for me. However it will be interesting to see how the cover artwork turns out.

As for Absurd: yeah it was released by Mya, so you know what to expect. The pic quality was not bad though (except for the inserted footage of horrible quality). I don't know a lot about this movie, but I doubt Shameless can get it much better (though I would hope so), unless another source was used than mya did, esp talking about the inserts.

Anyway, for people who don't even know "Anthropophagous" yet, I think it is a good idea. With 'Absurd' added, you get a nice combo and the package could look very nice. A Blu-Ray release would be so much better though.
Old 30th June 2012, 08:52 AM
Cultist in Training

I think MGM might own the UK rights to these films. Shameless would have to sub-license them, which may be prohibitive cost-wise.

Decent films though, and "Anthropophagus" could do with an upgrade from the dodgy SS and Astro transfers.

I'm surprised "Absurd" hasn't had a decent release in France, where it was a box office hit theatrically.
Old 5th July 2012, 08:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saw View Post
I think MGM might own the UK rights to these films. Shameless would have to sub-license them, which may be prohibitive cost-wise.
I'm guessing Second Sight may be liasing with MGM, what with the former company recently releasing an improved ROTLD in the U.K. and also From Beyond in the pipeline on the same label. Both of these titles issued by MGM in The States. So, maybe Joe D'Amato's carnage-crammed capers could find a British lease of life via SS if Shameless can't work their magic.
Old 27th September 2012, 02:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just to bring this thread back to attention... WE NEED THESE MOVIES SHAMELESS!
Rik and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 27th September 2012, 04:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Just to bring this thread back to attention... WE NEED THESE MOVIES SHAMELESS!
The Shriek Show release would still be the one to have as Shameless don't really do extras.
Old 27th September 2012, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The Shriek Show release would still be the one to have as Shameless don't really do extras.
Or decent artwork these days
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2012, 04:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Or decent artwork these days

Like this? Share it using the links below!