Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TERROR (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/9127-terror.html)

davcol 17th July 2012 01:33 AM

TERROR

Shameless should release this old classic. i believe its also known as last house on the beach, its another one of those rape and revenge exploitation films. i would buy it.

Hawkmonger 17th July 2012 07:27 AM

It would make a good companion piece to Night Train Murders and The House on the Edge of the Park, so i'm saying yes! Thou I very much doubt if it'll be passed uncut.

Demoncrat 17th July 2012 11:50 AM

Ah, thanks again to Pete for this nasty film. An uncomfortable time of it was had by all when i put it on. Like HOTEOTP, i'd say that it would still be snipped today, such a shame (less) as well.......

and here i was thinking i'd found another Norman J Warren fan haha;)

Daemonia 17th July 2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 258199)
..and here i was thinking i'd found another Norman J Warren fan haha;)

I also thought this was a thread in reference to Warren's great film. Alas, no. Still, Last House on the Beach is still a nasty, fun-filled romp through sleazyland. So it's all good.

And, yes, I am a Warren fan. So that at least makes two of us. Terror is an amazing film. I saw this first back in the pre-cert days and about the only thing I could remember about it was the stripper with a whip. That scene made quite an impression on my young mind, obviously. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th July 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 258199)
and here i was thinking i'd found another Norman J Warren fan haha;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 258215)
I also thought this was a thread in reference to Warren's great film. Alas, no.

Three of us actually.

I much prefer Warren to the overrated Pete Walker.

As for LHOTB, i'm happy with my Severin release.

Crimson Blade 17th July 2012 01:59 PM

I'm quite happy with my Severin DVD until a Bluray becomes available.

As for being cut by the BBFC, it's hard to say.
Although very nasty, most of the violence isn't shown in explicit detail, even the notorious stick scene.

Demoncrat 17th July 2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 258222)
I'm quite happy with my Severin DVD until a Bluray becomes available.

As for being cut by the BBFC, it's hard to say.
Although very nasty, most of the violence isn't shown in explicit detail, even the notorious stick scene.

True true, but i'd say theyd have something to say about the overall tone of the film.......but let's not give them ideas:lol:

gag 17th July 2012 05:25 PM

can buy it uncut on amazon for just under £10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TERROR-Norma...2545786&sr=1-1

Daemonia 17th July 2012 11:25 PM

You haven't read the thread, have you? :lol:

The 'Terror' that's actually under discussion here is the rape/revenge movie Last House on the Beach (aka Terror). The Warren film has long been available uncut here in the UK. Some of us were just playfully saying we thought the thread was going to be about the Warren film. But it isn't. Hope that clears up any confusion! :D

mark meakin 18th July 2012 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 258299)
You haven't read the thread, have you? :lol:

The 'Terror' that's actually under discussion here is the rape/revenge movie Last House on the Beach (aka Terror). The Warren film has long been available uncut here in the UK.

The UK AB disc is slightly cut during the knife murder on the stairs.The version contained in the HORRIBLE HORRORS COLLECTION VOL 1 boxset (Rhino) is complete.It contains a brief additional shot of the knife blade exiting the victims foot.The two 'Bathtime With Brenda' scenes are also shorter on the UK disc but intact on the Rhino release.I have the Rhino version & the one in the Norman J Warren 'Coffin' box.
Attachment 72832