Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2009, 02:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Street People, Terror Express and Manaos

Just three fairly forgotten films that I would like to see released in the future, preferably by a company like Shameless Films who actually care about the standard of presentation on their releases.

Street People - violent action thriller from Maurizio Lucidi (Designated Victim), starring Roger Moore and Stacy Keach. Long unavailable in the UK - it last surfaced on VHS under the title The Executors - and never released on DVD. The only thing that might make it unsuitable for Shameless is that it isn't really sleazy/controversial/influential enough.... but it certainly fits the bill from the point of view of scarcity and being somewhat forgotten.

Terror Express (La Ragazza Del Vagone Letto) - this one would make the grade in terms of sex, sleaze and violence though!!! A generally forgotten thriller with three odious thugs humiliating, raping and terrorising passengers on an overnight train. From director Fernando Baldi - a juicy slice of nastiness this one, not seen in the UK since its VHS release in the early 80s!

Manaos - a violent, sexed-up, highly exploitative prison-in-the-jungle item featuring the likes of Florinda Bolkan, Jorge Rivero and Agostina Belli. An exploitation lovers dream cast, you might say! Again this is one of those super-scarce films that hasn't seen light since the early 80s VHS heyday, and this one definitely merits a release if my memory srves me correctly! Could Shameless be the ones to finally bring it to our screens? I hold my breath in anticipation.....

Does anyone else feel these films have any merit as potential future releases??
Old 9th January 2009, 04:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Terror Express is very similar to Late Night Trains, can't see it getting through uncut though. Those who are into extreme exploitation will probably enjoy it. This is one of those films that very few people have seen.

Last edited by Angel; 9th January 2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10th January 2009, 09:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathonuk View Post
Street People - violent action thriller from Maurizio Lucidi (Designated Victim), starring Roger Moore and Stacy Keach. Long unavailable in the UK - it last surfaced on VHS under the title The Executors - and never released on DVD. The only thing that might make it unsuitable for Shameless is that it isn't really sleazy/controversial/influential enough.... but it certainly fits the bill from the point of view of scarcity and being somewhat forgotten.
Does anyone else feel these films have any merit as potential future releases??
I've seen the film before on ITV as The Sicilian Cross & it was OK but I think there are worthier releases.
Old 12th January 2009, 09:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I would like to see Manaos, sounds very interesting.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!