Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Your Prisoner Memories

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:19 PM
Cult Rookie

I used to stay with an old family friend to keep her company when her husband died and her next door neighbour used to come in and we would watch prisoner on Tyne Tees at 11.10 on Mondays and Thursdays! I started watching it just after the women returned from woodridge after the fire. I loved it from the off and would try and stay up to watch it when I was at home and if I couldn't would tape it and get up early to watch it before I went to school. One thing I do remember is that as soon as the music started for the end credits the old ladies little dog would wake up and go to bed.. It was as though he knew is was PCBH and then bed time.

I'm so excited that the DVD's have been released as I can watch it from start to finish!!
Old 24th February 2011, 09:59 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyJM View Post
I used to stay with an old family friend to keep her company when her husband died and her next door neighbour used to come in and we would watch prisoner on Tyne Tees at 11.10 on Mondays and Thursdays! I started watching it just after the women returned from woodridge after the fire. I loved it from the off and would try and stay up to watch it when I was at home and if I couldn't would tape it and get up early to watch it before I went to school. One thing I do remember is that as soon as the music started for the end credits the old ladies little dog would wake up and go to bed.. It was as though he knew is was PCBH and then bed time.

I'm so excited that the DVD's have been released as I can watch it from start to finish!!
It sounds like you're going to re-live some fond associated memories when you watch Prisoner again - especially once you get to where you first got into the series.
Old 24th February 2011, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm not a fan of prisoner but my dad LOVES it! Used to make me and my sisters watch it all the time when we were kids.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That seems to the case for most things people slag off. Need to give things a chance beore dismissing them.
Well said Sir!
Old 24th February 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Pure curiosity.
Every Tuesday/ Thrsday the newspaper had only this to describe it:

'Australian dramaset in awomen's prison'

Never any episodic descriptions until about a year after I got hooked.

I wasso curious about it that I tuned in (ep121) and wwas instantly hooked.
Old 14th April 2011, 08:05 PM
Cult Rookie

mine was accidental, i used to record a programme called Video View which was after Prisoner, because it was recorded on VHS i used to set the timer 10 mins each end, and for some reason caught the last 10 minutes of an episode and thought it was really good, and i have been watching it ever since
Old 5th July 2011, 04:50 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Prisoner on Thames TV

I used to watch it on Thames Television, then later when I moved i was able to pick up meridian as well so I was able to watch it on thames then on meridian, which was about 3 episodes behind
Old 28th January 2012, 01:27 AM
Cult Rookie

I used to watch PoCBH when my 2 lads were little. As a single parent, I would often sit with my youngest watching it, mainly because it was the only thing on that time of night... apart from Open University. I went from watching it through weary eyes, praying he'd sleep for more than one hour at a time to finding it fascinating. I've not watched it since. I must re-visit but hope it doen't bring back memories of baby induced sleepless nights.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:03 PM
Cult Rookie

I grew up with it on TV in Australia it was always on during the 1980s, My cousins and I loved it because we enjoyed the endless brawls. The rest was a bit beyond us because we were only children but we loved the fights and the name calling!
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Cany actually remember discovering it.... was very young though!

Like this? Share it using the links below!