Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Your Prisoner Memories
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2012, 03:43 AM
Cult Rookie

Itv when I was about 15year old my Mum and Dad used to watch it every Thursday night at 11:40 the only time it was ever on and they let me stay up late this one night was the school hols i think and that's it I was hooked every Thursday after that I mithered them to let me stay up
Old 26th August 2012, 01:03 PM
Cultist

I was about 6 when I first discovered it but I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch...although when I was about 10, (in the 90s) sometimes my mother would tape it for me and my brothers.

However, I only just completed the entire series after starting on the DVDs 3 years ago...I am now completely obsessed...LOL...I immediately went back to the beginning! (This is terrible, I am supposed to be focusing on my masters degree lol)

My two most prominent memories of it from those early days are of Bea smoking and using the press...and of Nola killing Paddy Lawson...

Seems I have had a Bea obsession since I was 6 years old as I remember playing 'give us a clue' with my family and me doing Bea holding a cigarette whilst using the press...hahaha.

Last edited by ScottishMermaid; 26th August 2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Cult Rookie

I never watched Prisoner until about 3 years ago, I can't get enough of it. Absolutely love it.
ScottishMermaid likes this.
Old 9th February 2013, 12:07 PM
Cult Rookie

I first saw PCBH on KYW channel 3 in Philadephia in the US. I used to love the show as a 16 year old. I was really bummed when the show was prempted for coverage of the assasination attempt on President Reagan. I recently rediscovered the show through DVD and youtube. I am in the process of watching the whole series.
Old 15th September 2013, 07:57 PM
Cult Rookie

I remember years and years ago my Mother watching Prisoner. I live in Ireland so I'm not sure which ITV we use to watch it on. Only recently rediscovered it and I'm loving it
Old 6th March 2014, 01:01 PM
Cult Rookie

The earliest memory of watching it was when I was still going to school, it could've been any time from '88 to '91, so my age would've been anything from 12 to 15, it was on Granada and they used to show it at around 11pm on Sundays and Mondays I think.

The episode was where the women were doing a play and then they tried escaping through a tunnel, I think this may have been the first episode I ever saw. I'm not sure exactly what I thought of it, I think that I thought that it was 'okay'.

So if I wasn't hooked at the start I did eventually become hooked.

Like this? Share it using the links below!