Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Your Prisoner Memories (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Did you watch Prisoner in the Scottish ITV days? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/your-prisoner-memories/4668-did-you-watch-prisoner-scottish-itv-days.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 12:35 PM

Did you watch Prisoner in the Scottish ITV days?

This and the other ITV regional threads are here so you can take a trip back down memory lane and let us know how you discovered Prisoner, how your local ITV company showed it (some were better than others in how they treated the show) and any other memories you associate from the time - all are welcome on this thread.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 06:35 PM

Yeah,many moons ago,I was a forklift driver on the backshift.
Finish at 11pm and get home about 11.30pm-Prisoner was about the only thing on the box and one of my brothers who was also on the back shift was a fan,so Iused to watch it quite regularly too.:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th February 2011 09:42 PM

Anyone else watch it north of Carlisle? :eyebrows:

Cal2008 18th February 2011 11:15 AM

Yorkshire area and my mum and dad watched so i got to see pcbh in summer hols.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 128959)
Anyone else watch it north of Carlisle? :eyebrows:

Scottish tv here. I think it 's about time for Prisoner to return to ITV and all its regional variations. Be a hell of a lot more entertaining than all the reality rubbish on our screens today! I think it would be a ratings winner yet again.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th February 2011 05:25 PM

Judging by the huge fanbase,it certainly looks like it! :nod:

mr 420 19th February 2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 129158)
Judging by the huge fanbase,it certainly looks like it! :nod:

With the right publicity, I think that you would be surprised at the amont of fans that would magically appear. There must be a LOT of people out there with fond memories of this superior slice of drama.

Chucky 31st March 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 129151)
Scottish tv here. I think it 's about time for Prisoner to return to ITV and all its regional variations. Be a hell of a lot more entertaining than all the reality rubbish on our screens today! I think it would be a ratings winner yet again.

If, theoretically a channel was to show it at about 9 or 10:00pm in a regular timeslot and if it was advertised a lot before being shown, I think people would be shocked at the ratings it would get.

But that will never happen.

If ITV or channel 4 where to show it at 9:00 or 10:00 it would get millions. But TV networks are ashamed of it.

Chucky 31st March 2011 09:54 PM

Here's a Scottish television ident introducing none other...

YouTube - Scottish TV Night Time Junction - 1996

From back in the day when idents where simple, short and sweet. :coolblue:

Chucky 31st March 2011 09:56 PM

And here's a nice christmas one. Awww...

YouTube - Start of Prisoner Cell Block H - Scottish TV Region

Chucky 31st March 2011 10:05 PM

This might be my favourite Scottish television ident though.

YouTube - scottish ident nighttime Intro

I remember it was used before Prisoner and a guy with a strong Scottish accent would proudly exclaim: And now on Scottish, Prisoner. :coolblue:

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 09:48 AM

Those Idents bring back memories. We should get some from different regions across the UK that were used when introducing Prisoner, and get them on some of the dvds.

mr 420 1st April 2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 140092)
Those Idents bring back memories. We should get some from different regions across the UK that were used when introducing Prisoner, and get them on some of the dvds.

Would copyright come into that at all Stephen?

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 140103)
Would copyright come into that at all Stephen?

I'm not an expert, but I'd think they would be owned by STV. But seeing as they have dropped lots of ITV programs as they say they can't afford to buy them, If I was them, I'd be glad of some extras pennies.

mr 420 1st April 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 140105)
I'm not an expert, but I'd think they would be owned by STV. But seeing as they have dropped lots of ITV programs as they say they can't afford to buy them, If I was them, I'd be glad of some extras pennies.

Sounds like it's worth pursuing.:cool:

Chucky 1st April 2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 140092)

Yip, that was one of my ideas for extras on the DVDs. :)

But, unfortunately Shock are determined the UK release will be exaclty the same at the Australian release for some reason.

I don't know why they're not more flexable on that. Because there's lots the UK release could have, that the Aussie release doesn't.