Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Your Prisoner Memories (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Did you watch Prisoner in the Border ITV days? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/your-prisoner-memories/4669-did-you-watch-prisoner-border-itv-days.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 12:35 PM

Did you watch Prisoner in the Border ITV days?

This and the other ITV regional threads are here so you can take a trip back down memory lane and let us know how you discovered Prisoner, how your local ITV company showed it (some were better than others in how they treated the show) and any other memories you associate from the time - all are welcome on this thread.

DJPaulBee 16th February 2011 04:04 PM

As a viewer in the Border TV region, I feel we were treated with a bit more respect than those in some other regions. It was more or less regular Sunday and Thursday viewing, not too late in the night and apart from when Border [ahem] 'lost' some episodes (which in reality was Border starting to take late night programming from Manchester when they were taken over by Granada, meaning we had to catch up) we always knew where we were.

I think Craig Austin, Border TV Continuity Announcer, was a fan. He always seemed to love introducing the show, and interviewed Maggie Kirkpatrick before introducing the last ever episode.

All in all, apart from the 'lost episodes' incident, Border TV treated us well when it came to PCBH :)

Almar@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJPaulBee (Post 128635)
As a viewer in the Border TV region, I feel we were treated with a bit more respect than those in some other regions. It was more or less regular Sunday and Thursday viewing, not too late in the night and apart from when Border [ahem] 'lost' some episodes (which in reality was Border starting to take late night programming from Manchester when they were taken over by Granada, meaning we had to catch up) we always knew where we were.

I think Craig Austin, Border TV Continuity Announcer, was a fan. He always seemed to love introducing the show, and interviewed Maggie Kirkpatrick before introducing the last ever episode.

All in all, apart from the 'lost episodes' incident, Border TV treated us well when it came to PCBH :)

Did you have a continuity announcer on screen? I see Ulster still had one until very recently - might still do!

DJPaulBee 16th February 2011 04:21 PM

Yeah, we did even in those days, there were a few and I still talk to one of them regularly :)

AFAIK Ulster still has in-vision continuity! Ahhhhhh those were the days...

Almar@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJPaulBee (Post 128637)
Yeah, we did even in those days, there were a few and I still talk to one of them regularly :)

AFAIK Ulster still has in-vision continuity! Ahhhhhh those were the days...

My wife is from NI so I go there quite often and I'm pretty sure they still have a chap on air - I quite like it - I think other stations could save a fortune on poxy graphics and pop a good face on. Up in STV-land we just had one rubbish logo after another - they're shocking when it comes to picking good designs - still are!

IanKMcL 20th February 2011 10:09 PM

My memories on Border TV

I used to watch Prisoner on Border TV. I had heard of the programme but it took some time for me to watch an episode. I really enjoyed it. Unlike the British soaps you never really knew what was going to happen next . Who was going to survive an episode and who wasn't. It was great to unwind at the end of the day to Prisoner. I was somewhat shocked when Border missed out all the episodes it did although if you sent a letter in to Border then they gave you a synopsis of the episodes that they had missed out. I first watched the show around the time of Kate Peterson. I thought that she was a fascinating character and the show was never quite the same when she left. However I watched the series through to the end and thought that the last episode was brilliant.

Mark 5th June 2011 03:17 PM

I used to watch Prisoner in the Border TV Region, it was here and thanks to my mum that I first discovered prisoner late one night when I couldn't sleep, I remember coming downstairs as Evelyn Randall was coming out of her cell with a burnt face and clearly being scared from it! I was 8 or 9 at the time, I then also remember being a little frightened by Joan when she would just appear at the doorway of someone's cell.