Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Your Prisoner Memories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2011, 01:38 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Did you watch Prisoner in the Yorkshire ITV days?

This and the other ITV regional threads are here so you can take a trip back down memory lane and let us know how you discovered Prisoner, how your local ITV company showed it (some were better than others in how they treated the show) and any other memories you associate from the time - all are welcome on this thread.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ahhh, I remember watching Prisoner on Yorkshire ITV all those years back. I do remember that Tyne Tees were a few episodes ahead, so I would try to get the channel via all types of aerials and end up watching the show through what looked like a blizzard! It didn't matter though - at least I could brag the next day just what was going to happen later in the Yorkshire ITV broadcasts!

Old 20th February 2011, 03:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Ahhh, I remember watching Prisoner on Yorkshire ITV all those years back. I do remember that Tyne Tees were a few episodes ahead, so I would try to get the channel via all types of aerials and end up watching the show through what looked like a blizzard! It didn't matter though - at least I could brag the next day just what was going to happen later in the Yorkshire ITV broadcasts!

Yup - I used to do the same - try and watch the show on Grampian as it was ahead of STV - any bad weather though and it wasn't possible. As it was Scotland... the bad weather was often!
Old 20th February 2011, 03:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Yup - I used to do the same - try and watch the show on Grampian as it was ahead of STV - any bad weather though and it wasn't possible. As it was Scotland... the bad weather was often!
Yorkshire TV had a habit of just ending broadcast of episodes right before the last few or so in the entire collection .. so I never, ever got to see the end!!! I am still not sure how far I managed to see into the who collection! Will have to wait for the later DVD releases and FINALLY get to see the end!

Old 20th February 2011, 03:47 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Yorkshire TV had a habit of just ending broadcast of episodes right before the last few or so in the entire collection .. so I never, ever got to see the end!!! I am still not sure how far I managed to see into the who collection! Will have to wait for the later DVD releases and FINALLY get to see the end!

Well the wait will be worth it!
Old 20th February 2011, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Where are we up to exactly in the releases A? I could trawl the threads, but I am sure it would be easier just to ask!!

On top of that, how many box-sets can we expect? Will be quite a few I am certain!

Old 20th February 2011, 04:39 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Where are we up to exactly in the releases A? I could trawl the threads, but I am sure it would be easier just to ask!!

On top of that, how many box-sets can we expect? Will be quite a few I am certain!

Vol 6 is out tomorrow - then another four to come this year - you voted on the vol 7 colour?
Old 20th February 2011, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Vol 6 is out tomorrow - then another four to come this year - you voted on the vol 7 colour?
Not even close to voting yet A! I am still trying to get my head around exactly what is out there ... let me have a gander and see where we are at. I think I would have to buy a bigger house, or build an extension to house all the Prisoner DVDs.

Cripes

Old 21st February 2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Ha ha! That brings back memories. When I used to go down and visit my family in Baillieston they used to hate it when I would reveal the major plot point that was coming up. I didn't do this all the time to them BTW. If you know Baillieston, then you know it's in no mean city!
Old 28th March 2011, 01:19 AM
Cultist in Training

Yorkshire were the first ITV channel to broadcast PCBH .. in October '84.

Like this? Share it using the links below!