Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > Your Twilight Zone

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2011, 02:54 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Your Introduction to The Twilight Zone...

I think my story will be like a lot of people my age (early 30's) and that's 2am showings probably on ITV back in the day. I used to stay up and watch them, then tape them and watch those tapes over and over. There's probably still the oss one I haven't seen. I doubt they were that picky about order or showing all 150 plus episodes back in the day for late night television.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,ITV used to have them on at all hours.
I used to set the old VCR to catch them.

It was the release of The Twilight Zone:The Movie that got me really interested in this.Sure I'd seen various b&w episodes on telly,but with the release of the movie,I tried to catch when episodes were on 'council telly'.

Was it not Channel 4 who reran the old episodes?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post

Was it not Channel 4 who reran the old episodes?
Yeah it probably was. My memory ain't what it used to be. Too many late nights watching telly.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:45 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

BBC2 early 1980s. They started with the first episode and were showing one each Saturday night, so I was recording them in order.

Then, for some Godforsaken reason, they suddenly shifted to 2 episodes per Saturday. Unannounced in the Radio Times or anywhere. First I knew was turning BBC2 on 10 minutes before it was due to start and there was the episode Fever already half way through.

I was so p***ed off - it left me feeling awful for weeks afterwards. Even now, 27 years later, it still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:16 PM
Cultist

A friend of mine introduced me to the series a few years back. He was a huge fan and had the sideshow 12" figures. When I asked about the series he showed me Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (due to him having the figure of the Gremlin). I loved it and I've been hooked since.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 24th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
Yeah it probably was. My memory ain't what it used to be. Too many late nights watching telly.
Couldn't remember myself mate.

Probably been screened on various channels over the years!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Cult Rookie

I think my introduction to anything Twilight Zone would have been watching Twilight Zone The Movie taped off television for me when I was a kid.

A few years later I found out that the 80s Twilight Zone series was being shown through the night on Saturdays and ended up getting my first taste of any of the series. I would set my alarm every Saturday so I could watch and occasionally tape these episodes. This was the year 1997, and the channel that they were shown on was Channel 4.

I saved the best till last though when from 2007 onwards I watched each of the episodes from the original series for the first time, this as I was collecting and working my way through the DVD box sets.
Old 14th April 2011, 05:26 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Experience in the world of "The Fifth Dimension"

My experience on the Twilight Zone started when my dad talked to me about it. He had memories watching it when he was a kid (our family was one of the first to get TV in Malaysia during the early 1960s). Around 3 years ago, I was visiting my sister and her family in Oregon, and one time, my dad changed the channel to the Syfi Channel. The Twilight Zone episode, “Miniature” (starring Robert Duval) was on, and after watching it, I fell in love with the show… The one thing about the show which attracted me was the music, which I love playing on the piano. I tried to get the DVD, but one thing… IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE! The next trip, my parents got the first season for me, and watching it, I got more into the Twilight Zone… It has been 2 years, and I just finished with the 2nd Season. I’m hoping to get the rest of the Twilight Zone (maybe until the end of next year, I should be able to finish it). Love the podcast and hope to talk more about the TZ…

Do you know when the new DiCarprio Twilight Zone will be showing?
Old 14th April 2011, 09:37 AM

Good story there Keith. It's nice to hear from a relatively new convert. I'm not sure what formats you're able to play, but the upcoming UK DVDs and blu rays may work out to be more affordable for you. The DVD especially is very cheap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Zon...2773669&sr=8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldencity1984 View Post

Do you know when the new DiCarprio Twilight Zone will be showing?
It's early days with the new movie, if indeed it gets made at all. From what I know, which isn't much because there's not much out there, it's really just in the development stages.

Glad you're enjoying the podcast by the way!
Old 15th April 2011, 07:39 AM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for the reply, Tom... Great podcast today! About the episode that you just done, it wasn't quite my favorite... I hated Corey in the episode for doing what he did. Hope to watch the next episode, and send you my review...

Like this? Share it using the links below!