View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 05:38 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

I went into this expecting a zombie film. A lot of reviewers and bits of information I read called it, "The French NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD", so with those expectations, obviously the first time I saw the film, I was let down.

However, it wasn't like it fell flat on its face for me. I still enjoyed the film, I was just expecting an apple, but got a banana instead. Granted I would have preferred the apple at the time, but a banana did just fine.

With that being said, the more I've seen the film, the more I've liked it. It's definitely not a flick I'd throw out as a recommendation unless they specifically asked for a French version of what I believe is closer to THE CRAZIES, then I'd point them in this direction. But certainly not for someone looking for a zombie film.

I actually cannot recall a French zombie film I would recommend. I'm not a huge fan of ZOMBIE LAKE or of OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES - which I know there is a Spanish version, but that I wasn't fond of either; it was still boring as hell - and off the top of my head, I can't think of any other zombie films the French did.