View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 05:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzombie20 View Post
Yes I agree.

A lot of people complain about the overacting and the constant fighting in DAY. But I mean, think about it, this group of people is potentially the last outpost in the world, the soldiers are dying left and right because of the scientists' experiments with NO results aside from one crackpot trying to domesticate the creatures, when all the soldiers want is to kill them off and go on to something else, they all want to get out, everything is falling apart around them - tag this with the end of the world and I'd like to see how ANYONE would react.

In DAWN they were clearly driven by greed. They didn't want to leave the mall because it had everything they wanted. It certainly wasn't a safe haven with armies of the dead festering outside, and they had to figure eventually, someone would come snooping around and try to get in. So why not just get what they need and leave? Find another safe place? Well, greed, they didn't want to give up everything they had because they felt like they had everything.

I know this is the point of the characters in the film, to drive the consumerism aspect of it full force, but the characters become less sympathetic for me here. In DAY they are stuck in their situation, there is no alternative to where they are aside from escaping to the world above with no one left but hordes of zombies roaming around.
I think you've nailed it dead on there, impressive!