View Single Post
Old 8th September 2010, 04:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I disagree - I don't think greed came into it. In fact, I'd say the biker gang was what represented greed in the film. The survivors in DAWN are not driven by greed at all - they revel in the novelty of it for a while, but that's all it is; a novelty. What they're actually desiring is normalcy. They drink, eat, watch TV - trying to create an atmosphere or normality in the fgace of a world gone mad. And isn't that what we all do on a regular basis? When faced with the horrors of the real world we retreat into our safe haven or normality - eating, drinking, working, watching TV.

That's my take on it, anyway.
Yes but if anything, Stephen CLEARLY represents greed.

Peter's idea of locking up the stores was to show the bikers they can come in, take what they want and leave. They didn't care about them - they just wanted the stuff in the mall. But Stephen didn't want them leaving with anything, so he opened fire. It wasn't a matter of protecting his "home", it was a matter of protecting his stuff.

He didn't care for his safety or for Peter's otherwise, he would have listened and let the bikers take what they want and lock the place back up.