View Single Post
Old 12th September 2010, 05:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
Sorry should have put W.o.W. for world of warcraft not WOW!

From what I understand the Star Trek game is much the same as Star Wars Galaxies in that you can travel the galaxy doing 'quests' in this case 'away missions' and the usual things that appear on Star Trek. As I say I don't know too much myself but from what I've heard on other forums is that people like the idea of the game but are unsure how it will work if everyone wants to pilot the ship of if you want to act as a loan player.

As for the hardware for the Pc's and MAC's I myself use something like 'Computer Shopper' magazine for a guide as to what to buy and talk to the people in the shop for what will work with what - just one word of warning - don't go in PC World, in my experience they are crap. Everytime I have gone in there, they were more interested in selling me the extended warrenty on the item. I even asked questions to which I knew there was no answer or what the equipment was capable of and got the reply "Yes it will do that - if you have the warrenty or extended warrenty just bring it in and we will sort it for you."

"Really - I can really put a 286 processor from the early 90's into one of todays motherboards and expect it to work!!!" Somehow - I don't think so!

If you want a go at building a PC it is quite simple. There is also a good 'Haynes' manual that talks the reader through how to build one. I have built a couple of PC's that have given me the same performance as one at twice the price I paid for the components combined. The only downside is you are your own computer tech so if you do get into difficulty you either have to pay someone to sort it out, or cast about on the web for an answer. So if your not sure of the problem in the first place it can cause you to spend a lot of needless time, effort and more money on the problem.

As for the games they are pretty much like the consols now that the PS3 and XB360 has the download facility, but some of the games for the PC still include the Software Developers Kit (SDK) for the game, so if the game becomes very popular like Doom or WH40K Dawn of War, the players can create their own maps and paint set ups for charactures and veichles using the SDK which can then be share out on forums and the like.
I know exactly where your coming from, when it comes to some of these store workers.
Those ones you mention sound like a real pain in the arse to be honest., These morons will try to sell you absolutely anything, I think in some circumstances, they get extra bucks for selling certain items, like those store cards etc. (Commission).
A guy working at Game, recently tried to convince me to buy TOY STORY 3 for the xbox360, He was really working hard to try and sell it to me too. I weren't having none of it. I basically told him that " When it comes to video games, I want to shoot people, and blow people up like all the other kids. With TOY STORY, I can't do that". Then when he FINALLY finished his sales BLITZ, he finally realised that I weren't buying none of it, he then had this stupid look on his face...the guy was a moron......Plus, why would a grown man want to play a TOY STORY 3 game? Honestly..." Hmmm, I can't decide, shall I buy GTA IV, or TOY STORY 3? Hmmm, I just cant decide." " In TS3, maybe I could go on a chocolate egg hunt or something, Or with GTA IV, I could shag Hookers and kill people."....
that STAR TREK game sounds fun. Hey, if you want to be the captain too, just shoot the other one in the back, thats what they do on HALO 3: team slayer!!!