View Single Post
Old 18th September 2010, 08:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Nope, you don't. You're asking WAY too much.

I don't hink taht 16mm material can achieve more than what they got out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Maybe a little more in a couple of years but definitley not way more.
They made CHAINSAW look pretty didn't they? I noticed that.....
You have pretty much answered the question that I've been trying to get someone to post here. Which is, What's the point of releasing old, 16mm horror classics on HD/Blue-Ray, if it is impossible to remaster them, to the quality of today's Blue-Ray tech?
This is why I mentioned AVATAR, to use as the most extreme example possible. If they are never going to be able to get half these movies to the quality of films made today, then whats the point of releasing them in HD in the first place? For example, if you already own say, Bill Lustig's MANIC, then why bother buy it on Blue-Ray, if it isn't going to look much better? That's all I'm getting at to be honest...
And for the record, Having supreme knowledge of the movie re-mastering/ HD process, etc, isn't exactly at the top of my wish list, to be honest...
I understand what your telling me though. That they can, maybe make some of these old movies look a little better, but not in a way that's gonna blow you away...
But isn't "looking old", part of why we like these cult films anyway? the nostalgia of them etc...Remember the GRINDHOUSE double feature a fews years back? New movies, but made to look old and worn out...(PLANET TERROR/ DEATH PROOF.)